Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Define Standard Language
How do I define the standard language of my site. I set my first language to english. Every other language has a suffix _de, _it, _fr

My problem is: If there is no content for the french or italian version of the site I want to display the english version.
In my case it displays the german version if the french or italian one are empty, even if the english version is my main language. How can I change this?

thanks
(2013-07-16, 03:50:14)itsmeee Wrote: How do I define the standard language of my site. I set my first language to english. Every other language has a suffix _de, _it, _fr

My problem is: If there is no content for the french or italian version of the site I want to display the english version.
In my case it displays the german version if the french or italian one are empty, even if the english version is my main language. How can I change this?

Assuming you are using the I18N plugin (which you should state in your thread title):

The language is selected based on the user's browser's language settings. If he has italian and german configured, he will see the german page, if no italian page is available, and only if neither italian nor german is available will he see the default language english.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.