Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Login to the EXTEND and upload
it is not possible to upload a file to the extend I was told.

This is a real handicap, what to do?

If there is information already, I could not find it
this could be good information for the WIKI as well, what you think?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
there is new stuff there recently. the Wonderful Fartscroll plugin par example. I am adding it to all my clients sites until they settle their bills.
Told by whom ?
No one has posted to forums with this issue, this is where you get help.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Some clear instructions and guidelines for contributing to Extend would be good. I presume that is what you meant Connie?
(2013-07-17, 23:19:39)shawn_a Wrote: Told by whom ?
No one has posted to forums with this issue, this is where you get help.

because the member told me that using the contact formular at get-simple.de, which is also a legal place to obtain help;=)

This is, even when you do not know who could not upload files, a real problem.

The users need clear instructions how to login into Extend and how to upload.
Some time before it was not a problem. When you logged in into the forum, you were logged in in the EXTEND automatically. Now it is not possible anymore

you sound like a lawyer ;=) not like a supporter ;=) ;=)

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Well if no one posted this to the forums, then its not an issue.
If no one tested it to confirm it either, then it is not an issue.

We cannot have 3 location for support, nor can I be bothered checking on an unconfirmed issue.

They are probably trying to upload a plugin that does not follow the plugin conventions as dictated in the wiki.

1 file in root
1 folder, named the same as the file.

hearsay does not a " a real problem. " make.

What to do.. is to tell them to post the problem they are having in our support forums.
(2013-07-18, 02:45:08)shawn_a Wrote: What to do.. is to tell them to post the problem they are having in our support forums.

Shawn,

it is absolutely ok that people tell me issues and I report them here.
I reported that problem here.

That is not "hearsay". Please mind your vocabulary or your behaviour towards users and reported problems. The user who reported the problem was willing to contribute and could not. He dit not upload a plugin, the tried to contribute a language file.

Quote:"Irgendwie ist es nicht moeglich sich auf der GS Website im Extend richtig "einzuloggen", obwohl im bereits im Forum eingeloggt bin, daher kann ich die Sprachdatei nicht hochladen."

If there is something wrong or not, I do not know.
I just remember I also couldn't upload for some time.
So this is a general problem and we have to find a solution instead of splitting hairs.
|--

(2013-07-18, 17:05:49)Connie Wrote: So this is a general problem and we have to find a solution instead of splitting hairs.

Did you try it yourself? If you just report what someone else says, that's hearsay.

I can upload a language file without any problems (I just tried it). It clearly isn't a 'general problem' today, nor on 20 June, when I last uploaded.
--
Nick.
Thank you hameau.
Issue is with the user, but since we have no details no one can really help them.

This is free software, We do not offer support. Support is community based via the forums, meaning if a person needs help they are free to post here and someone will.

Heres my official response, now that someone confirmed it, since i was you know busy writing code for 6 hours yesterday and did not have time to confirm alleged issues.

"There is no known issue with extend uploading, if a user needs additional help they can post in the forums regarding the problem they are experiencing and one of our helpful community members will surely help them."