Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile
I have been requested to create a site using any CMS of my choice, I choose GetSimpe.
As this will be my first official GetSimple website (other than just messing around with it) I
have a few questions. Many of you have answered my questions already on other post and
in the documentation. But I still have a few:

1. My client has requested that I create a theme for both the IPhone and the computer. I have
located this theme that will work fine (http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=202) I found
also on this page a way to detect the type of browser and redirect them accordingly.
Code:
<script language=javascript>
<!--
if((navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPod/i)))
{
location.href='YOURURLHERE';
}
-->
</script>

But as this will be the same site, they will require that the same content be automatically generated for both?
So is there a code available that would automatically overwrite the current theme with this theme name? If not
would there be a way to relink the data file from
Code:
/data/
to
Code:
../data/
this way the data could automatically be pulled from the same source folder no matter where it was located on the FTP.

2. Has anyone started on any type of FaceBook Plugin?

3. Has anyone started a Multi user Login system? (or a way to hack a current release to have more than one user?)

4. Does any one know if or when they will include Zegnåts plugin within the core?

5. Is any one out there building any plugins they would like beta tested? I would be very interested...

6. Is there a way to enable more folders within the file uploader?
Thanks in advance..
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Hi There,

Good choice on the CMS! it's building up and worth your time.

1. I believe there's a way in PHP to detect where the site is coming from. As javascript may not be the best option for that. Although this is just assuming.

2. As far as i know not as yet. but by facebook plugin? what kind of functionality? as in auto posting new pages or?

3. At this stage no, but i would say it will come in.

4. The multi-level menu plugin? that's a question for Zeg but i would say when she releases her updated version it may occur.

5. There a sub form 'plugins' if you have a look there's plenty of plugins there to test out, and all the devs (myself included) always appreciated feedback and extensive testing! That's why i call myself crashfellow. I like to see what bugs i can find and crash stuff Smile
Nothing is too difficult... anything is possible.
'But you tried, and you failed.. the important thing? never try'
As far as a facebook plugin, I think it would be great if we could get a newsfeed to display from like
a group page or something like that, I am really not even sure if this is possible though...

Thanks for the quick reply, I believe I will be installing both of your plugins on this site, I will make sure
and give you some feed back ASAP!
JWH Technologies
CSS CSS CSS!!!

Do an ALL DIV layout with external styling.

This should get you started.
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/retur...stylesheet
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
1: The user agent string can also be read by PHP. This means the exact same check you’re doing in Javascript in your example code can be done by PHP to serve a whole different template (if you don’t go with internet54’s suggestion).

2: Nothing like that has been released, it might be worth looking into though. Just displaying a news feed? I thought these were available through RSS as well, that should make it very easy.

3: Multiple users are still not supported, and I don’t know whether you’ll be seeing it any time soon. The way credentials currently work with a cookie there is no easy way to create a plugin for it, a lot of core changing will be needed to get this to work.

4: You want my plugin to be included in the core? Well, I’m honoured. There are no plans at all to include it as of now, and neither do I see a real reason to. Is it to hard to use my menu in the current format?
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Your plugin is really simple to use (I have already installed it! I had to change the output to fit my css a litle but no problems.) I just think this would be something very nice to include in the core. But I can understaffed it staying as is to.

I hav actually begun development on a plugin, just not sure what I want to make it do or can make it doSmile!
JWH Technologies