Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It)
chefbyte Wrote:OK, installed this and can see the admin tab at the top of the admin tabs, click on it and I get a 404 error?

It generates the following url? /newsite/admin/loadtab.php?id=squareit-gallery&item=squareit-gallery

As a temporary fix, Copy the file loadtab.php inside of squareit-loadtab to the admin directory.

I need to find a way to check to see if this file was copied successfully on the initial plugin execution.

Let me know if after manually copying the file it still gives you problem.

Thanks
- Julian

My GetSimple Plugins: Simple Image Gallery | TweetMeme reTweet Button
yes it was in 2.0 beta...
my creative
ps. sorry for mistakes =)
juliancc Wrote:
chefbyte Wrote:OK, installed this and can see the admin tab at the top of the admin tabs, click on it and I get a 404 error?

It generates the following url? /newsite/admin/loadtab.php?id=squareit-gallery&item=squareit-gallery

As a temporary fix, Copy the file loadtab.php inside of squareit-loadtab to the admin directory.

I need to find a way to check to see if this file was copied successfully on the initial plugin execution.

Let me know if after manually copying the file it still gives you problem.

Thanks

Yup that's a bit further onwards, as they say.

Can now see the Gallery page to generate the album and can see all the uploaded pictures, now after naming the album and selecting which photos to include I save the album and get the following on the page.

Image Gallery Saved Successfully!
Square It's Simple Image Gallery

To display a gallery in a page, just copy the code given (ie. {squareit_gallery_4bb104e22f23c}) and paste it into the content. You can put multiple galleries in the same page.
You don't have any galleries yet!
Create a new gallery now. It's Simple!
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Do you have debug enabled? to see if any error pop up?
Also you said that the folder has the correct permissions.. can you try making that plugin folder and all it's subdirectories to 777 and see if it's a folder permission error. It appears the xml file is not being created.
- Julian

juliancc Wrote:chefbyte Do you have debug enabled? to see if any error pop up?
Also you said that the folder has the correct permissions.. can you try making that plugin folder and all it's subdirectories to 777 and see if it's a folder permission error. It appears the xml file is not being created.

Yup that did it, see http://www.55002koyli.com/newsite/index.php?id=test

Just need to work out how to add captions to the pictures now Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Wrote:Yup that did it, see http://www.55002koyli.com/newsite/index.php?id=test

Cool.. I wonder why it didnt like the other permission. I hope this is not a problem with a lot of people. Mine is working fine in 2 different servers.

chefbyte Wrote:Just need to work out how to add captions to the pictures now Smile

One step at a time.. but I will save it as a request. Smile
- Julian

Glad it works and yes captions could be a seller for this plugin Smile

I nailed the permissions down to the Squareit-gallery that needs 777
Pete

Chefbyte Services
I cant see a Admin Tab Loader plugin bundled with this plugin ? could some upload please?

Thanks,
webmonkeyukcom Wrote:I cant see a Admin Tab Loader plugin bundled with this plugin ? could some upload please?

Thanks,

Sent you a PM
Pete

Chefbyte Services
webmonkeyukcom Wrote:I cant see a Admin Tab Loader plugin bundled with this plugin ? could some upload please?

Thanks,

My mistake. In google code on the download I didnt include the Admin Tab Loader. Updating file right now with current version of repository.

Surprised that 16 people downloaded v.2.0 from Google code and only one mentionedit. :/

Here is the new beta download with admin tab loader:
http://gsgallery.googlecode.com/files/gs..._beta2.zip
- Julian

Sorry, the server everything works, but for some reason on your computer is not working
...of Google translate Smile
cool Smile
Oleg06 Wrote:cool Smile http://neowebtime.ru/0/gallery

That is pretty cool.. Thanks for sharing!!
- Julian

can you do to change the tag "alt" and "title" to write it in Russian?
because this gallery is useless for Russian users, and I have to offer people simply embed the copied code in the page
http://www.55002koyli.com/newsite/
This link shows a problem as I used photos that were both horizontal and vertical, it chops off my sidebar, to the right?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Wrote:http://www.55002koyli.com/newsite/index.php?id=album1
This link shows a problem as I used photos that were both horizontal and vertical, it chops off my sidebar, to the right?

No man.. I think it has to do with the template you selected for that page. I looked at the HTML and could not find the code of the right side bar. Double check the page settings.. and get back to me!

Thanks
- Julian

My bad, its been a long day... Smile

I swapped the template to the default without sidebar and not the one with the sidebar, Opps
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Wrote:My bad, its been a long day... Smile

I swapped the template to the default without sidebar and not the one with the sidebar, Opps

No problem man.. I'm glad It was not a bug. Wink haha
- Julian

Code:
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in D:\xampp\htdocs\admin\inc\plugin_functions.php on line 139
i see this error on the page after i insert the code
my creative
ps. sorry for mistakes =)
Yurbasik Wrote:
Code:
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in D:\xampp\htdocs\admin\inc\plugin_functions.php on line 139
i see this error on the page after i insert the code

This is a bug from GetSimple core code that I believe has already been fixed, but not yet released to the general public. You can find more info here:
http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=630

In the mean time, you can apply the fixes mentioned in that post.

Thanks!
- Julian

I know some of you will be happy to hear this announcement!! In my latest commit I added 2 surprises.
  • Captions
  • Languages Support

I've been trying to make this plugin as usable as possible and some of you have voiced your opinions, and I think this were 2 things that needed to be included in the release of 2.0

In the meantime feel free to check out 'trunk' from google code. at http://code.google.com/p/gsgallery/
and you will find that langage files will be in a folder called "lang" in the plugin folder.

If you create a language file... please post it here so that we can support as many languages as possible.

Right now I don't have a settings tab, that allows for easy change of language file.. but if you want to change it you can easily change the include file name in the squareit-gallery.php and processgallery.php.

I will try to create a zip file and upload it to google code, so that those that do not know how to use svn can download the BETA 3 file.

IMPORTANT: previous galleries are not compatible with this version. You will need to delete them and then re-create them. (sorry)

Also, this are BETA releases that are not recommended in production sites.
- Julian

Good news, will try this once I get my ISP connection stable enough to look at it Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services
In the beta version 2, thumbnails for JPG files do not seem to be created properly.

The issue of having to copy the loadtab.php file into the admin directory still exists.

I am not sure if the facybox javascript is supposed to load on the page galleries without additional markup, but currently they do not.

Otherwise it is very nice! Thank you for this.
Hopes Wrote:In the beta version 2, thumbnails for JPG files do not seem to be created properly.

The issue of having to copy the loadtab.php file into the admin directory still exists.

I am not sure if the facybox javascript is supposed to load on the page galleries without additional markup, but currently they do not.

Otherwise it is very nice! Thank you for this.

Hopes,

I released Beta 3 this morning. Can you try that one and see if works. Some people report problems with thumbs and this might be a permissions issue in the plugin folder. Try to chmod the folder to 777 and see if that fixes the problem. Also make sure that the .htaccess exists in the plugin folder. It sometimes affects certain servers.

Thanks for trying it out and giving the feedback.
- Julian

Works fine Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services