Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It)
Works well, thanks Smile

One thing that is an issue you might want to consider is that when using fancy urls, the urls turn into subdirectories, so the system can't find the images unless you go into the php file and modify the directories. It's not a big deal, just a minor thing.
Hopes Wrote:Works well, thanks Smile

One thing that is an issue you might want to consider is that when using fancy urls, the urls turn into subdirectories, so the system can't find the images unless you go into the php file and modify the directories. It's not a big deal, just a minor thing.

Great to hear that is working for you..

But, can you elaborate and point me to what you needed to change to make it work when using fancy urls. I'm not experiencing that problem. So I wanted to see if I can track down this issue.

Thanks!
- Julian

My GetSimple Plugins: Simple Image Gallery | TweetMeme reTweet Button
Hi, When I install gallery it works fine, but when I install zegnat multilevel menu something happens and the gallery doesn't appear properly. Pop ups aren't shown anymore. Any suggestions. I think that it's related to jQuery, but I don't know how to fix it.
ragou Wrote:Hi, When I install gallery it works fine, but when I install zegnat multilevel menu something happens and the gallery doesn't appear properly. Pop ups aren't shown anymore. Any suggestions. I think that it's related to jQuery, but I don't know how to fix it.

Do you have an active link that I can look and see what the problem is? I don't need back-end access. Just the page that outputs the gallery.
- Julian

Quote:Do you have an active link that I can look and see what the problem is? I don't need back-end access. Just the page that outputs the gallery.
http://bitpazar.org/main/BateZarko/
Ragou,

Yeah that is the problem, The template that you use to have drop down menus comes with an include for jquery.
To temporary fix this issue, you can go to the squareit-gallery plugin and comment out or delete the section that includes jQuery. Line 520 in squareit-gallery.php

I will try to find a solution to this problem, and will release a fix ASAP.. if anybody else out there can contribute and help me out. would be appreciated. Smile

thanks
- Julian

Ragou,

I just posted on google code what will become the Release Candidate of version 2.0.

In this version in the settings tab of the plugin, you will find an option to disable the include of jQuery. Just check that box and everything should be fine.

Thanks
- Julian

Thank you Julian, but where is the download link?
ragou Wrote:Thank you Julian, but where is the download link?

the link is in the first post. Page 1. I always update the first post.
- Julian

OK. I replaced the old gallery with new one, but nothing happened.
http://bitpazar.org/main/Zarko1/
nick - ragou, pass - bastun
ragou Wrote:OK. I replaced the old gallery with new one, but nothing happened.
http://bitpazar.org/main/Zarko1/
nick - ragou, pass - bastun

you need to go to the settings page in the plugin. And check the disable jquery box.
- Julian

This plugin it`s great. Good job! I`ve just prepared polish translation for it Smile
vulgari Wrote:This plugin it`s great. Good job! I`ve just prepared polish translation for it Smile

Cool.. thanks!! It would be great if you don't mind.. sharing the translation file here. So the rest of the world can use it, and make this plugin even better. Smile

Thanks
- Julian

juliancc Wrote:
chefbyte Wrote:Yup that did it, see http://www.55002koyli.com/newsite/index.php?id=test

Cool.. I wonder why it didnt like the other permission. I hope this is not a problem with a lot of people. Mine is working fine in 2 different servers.

chefbyte Wrote:Just need to work out how to add captions to the pictures now Smile

One step at a time.. but I will save it as a request. Smile

Glad you have added captions to the pictures. Now comes my next step request.
Adding the inputted text in the captions to show under each thumbnail on the generated page? is that doable or is that up to me to add to the template I am using?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Wrote:Glad you have added captions to the pictures. Now comes my next step request.
Adding the inputted text in the captions to show under each thumbnail on the generated page? is that doable or is that up to me to add to the template I am using?

It's something that I would have to offer as a setting. I mean, you can tweak the function that displays the gallery to do that, but with upgrades you might loose the customization. I'm trying to see how to create like a plugin system or something that you can attach to my plugin and extended. This way you are not forced to use facybox, you would be able to use any gallery display script.

I'm open for suggestions. In the mean time, I will try to do your request and add it as a setting.

Thanks!
- Julian

Many thanks for a prompt reply as well Smile

for simplicity maybe an on/off option to display captions under thumbnails or not?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Wrote:Many thanks for a prompt reply as well Smile

for simplicity maybe an on/off option to display captions under thumbnails or not?

No problem.

Yes I want to keep it as simple as possible. Let you guys extend it and style it at your own terms!
- Julian

This is a polish translation, not complete, but ready to use Smile
With pleasure.

Get polish language file for this plugin
Release Canditate 2 for version 2.0 just released.

http://gsgallery.googlecode.com/files/gs...2_0RC2.zip

I hope this will be the last RC before final release. I will not be putting new features.. Only fixes will be put in place before stable release.

Here is the change log for this release:

- Added setting to turn on/of the title of the gallery
- Added caption text below image and a setting to turn on/off this feature
- Some CSS fixes
- Added GSG_VERSION constant to keep track of plugin version

Give it a try and hope to hear your comments and like always if you find a bug please report it here.

Thanks!!
- Julian

Installed ok, captions showing ok, only issue so far is the following error report when ticking any of the options in the settings area?

Something went wrong while trying to save your settings. Please try again!

Played around with file permissions in the data folder. Is there any other folders/files need changing?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Wrote:Installed ok, captions showing ok, only issue so far is the following error report when ticking any of the options in the settings area?

Something went wrong while trying to save your settings. Please try again!

Played around with file permissions in the data folder. Is there any other folders/files need changing?

Yeah.. that sounds like a permission issue.. make sure the data folder inside the plugin folder has the correct permissions. I will make it 777. also check the permissions on the settings.xml file.

Let me know if the problem persists.

thanks
- Julian

All the 7's it is then, as that works Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services
OK here comes the problems?

When I go back into edit an album that I have made, I get all the Caption boxes filled with one of the captions and its random as well?

See shot below

Also sometimes when I type in the caption, into the text box it wont let me, until I tick the box, save it and then went back into edit gallery and this time I have to un-tick the box to type in the caption box?

[Image: gs2.JPG]

Forgot to mention that the one with 1 in it was "The Team" caption
Pete

Chefbyte Services
Thank you for the opportunity to write a title, now I can write in Russian, that's only when you connect to the file ru_RU, disappears altogether all
chefbyte Wrote:OK here comes the problems?

When I go back into edit an album that I have made, I get all the Caption boxes filled with one of the captions and its random as well?

See shot below

Also sometimes when I type in the caption, into the text box it wont let me, until I tick the box, save it and then went back into edit gallery and this time I have to un-tick the box to type in the caption box?

Forgot to mention that the one with 1 in it was "The Team" caption

Interesting Bug.. will try to replicate it and fix it ASAP.. if you find more insight regarding the problem, just let me know.
- Julian