Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HELP PLZ!!! I own a hosting site s-z1.com and clients cant install getsimple!
Question 
For some reason getsimple wont install anymore???
ExclamationThis is the error for 1 of my clients

Warning: curl_init() has been disabled for security reasons in /srv/disk12/1467472/www/carpets.s-z1.com/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1048

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /srv/disk12/1467472/www/carpets.s-z1.com/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1049

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /srv/disk12/1467472/www/carpets.s-z1.com/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1050

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /srv/disk12/1467472/www/carpets.s-z1.com/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1051

Warning: curl_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /srv/disk12/1467472/www/carpets.s-z1.com/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1052

Warning: curl_close(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /srv/disk12/1467472/www/carpets.s-z1.com/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1053

It worked before on many sites
here's 2 sites that it was installed on previously
makemeawebsite.s-z1.com
apps.sz1.eu
seems to be working ok on there but this was previously..
Is this a issue of my site services & servers or a getsimple issue??
What version of GS
What version of php ?

Those are just warnings.
Turn php errors off on your production site first off.

Your extend api queries will fail, which can be fixed.

How does it not install ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
you can look at the site now it wont install carpets.s-z1.com php is the latest and version is the latest it worked before fine
Installs just fine, click next.
I will install again now site is deleted
when i finish i will post results here.
then let me know if you do see the errors? try install it i can delete and re in stall again.
this is at the top of the page when i go to the site

Warning: curl_init() has been disabled for security reasons in /srv/disk12/1467472/www/carpets.s-z1.com/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1048

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /srv/disk12/1467472/www/carpets.s-z1.com/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1049

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /srv/disk12/1467472/www/carpets.s-z1.com/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1050

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /srv/disk12/1467472/www/carpets.s-z1.com/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1051

Warning: curl_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /srv/disk12/1467472/www/carpets.s-z1.com/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1052

Warning: curl_close(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /srv/disk12/1467472/www/carpets.s-z1.com/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1053

and then this:

GetSimple Installation

GetSimple Upgrade Check Failed ! 3.2.1
Download
PHP Version 5.2.5 - OK
Folder Permissions OK - Writable
cURL Module Installed - OK
GD Library Installed - OK
ZipArchive Installed - OK
SimpleXML Module Installed - OK
Apache web server Apache - OK
Apache Mod Rewrite Installed - OK
For more information on the required modules, visit the requirements page.

Language: en_US Download Languages

by the way thanks for your reply's i really appreciate it : )
installed again to ftp getsimple, how does it look to you i will try a diff browser
same error in diff browser for me i can install but it will just error again, is this the same for you? it was working before and my server etc has changed nothing i am so confused i may have to give up on get simple for my clients at s-z1 : (
You did not even read what I said.

These are php warnings, you obviously have php errors enabled on your host.
There is nothing stopping it from installing, did you even click install ?

Your host has curl disabled and its throwing warnings, do you know what a warning is.
A warning is not an error.

gsconfig
PHP Code:
# Forces suppression of php errors when GSDEBUG is false, despite php ini settings

define('SUPPRESSERRORS',true); 

or turn php errors off on your host

Either way install is not broken at all.
hello sorry for late reply was sleeping i am quite ill at the moment, i have tried to install it and it gives me errors will look into what you said to try and fix it : ) can you try to install it please?
http://carpets.s-z1.com/admin/install.php
after your advice i will change all the settings, it worked before with no problem just waiting for your reply then i will change settings for php errors
THEY ARE NOT ERRORS!
sigh

They are warnings.
An error would be fatal, a warning is just noise.
Turn off php errors on production web hosts.

Installs fine, Just click the buttons as usual, ignoring the warnings, now it asks to login.

http://carpets.s-z1.com/
it is the php settings they need to be changed to a lower php setting problem solved you was very close to identifying the problem with your feed back, thank you for your reply's much appreciated s-z1
(2013-07-26, 23:26:32)shawn_a Wrote: THEY ARE NOT ERRORS!
sigh

They are warnings.
An error would be fatal, a warning is just noise.
Turn off php errors on production web hosts.

Installs fine, Just click the buttons as usual, ignoring the warnings, now it asks to login.

http://carpets.s-z1.com/

yes but how can you login with no password? problem is solved now anyway thanks for your info it has helped me fix this issue
Ok I now see your problem.

The password is supposed to be emailed to you.
It is also supposed to show on the screen before it logs you in, you are not being logged in automatically because of the errors ( they break the rerdirect because of the headers already sent error )

This is a known bug.

Are you also not receiving the emails ?

Your solution will be to craete a gsconfig file BEFORE installation.

TO fix you want to .
You want to enable the supresserrors config
You also want to set your GSREPLYEMAIL to a legit email.

To really fix, you want to find out why your host has curl disabled.

You should also always read the release notes to the download page when using a new version.
(2013-07-26, 23:51:27)shawn_a Wrote: Ok I now see your problem.

The password is supposed to be emailed to you.
It is also supposed to show on the screen before it logs you in, you are not being logged in automatically because of the errors ( they break the rerdirect because of the headers already sent error )

This is a known bug.

Are you also not receiving the emails ?

Your solution will be to craete a gsconfig file BEFORE installation.

TO fix you want to .
You want to enable the supresserrors config
You also want to set your GSREPLYEMAIL to a legit email.

To really fix, you want to find out why your host has curl disabled.

You should also always read the release notes to the download page when using a new version.

Good info once again : ) ty , its for free hosting so curl is disabled and you cant use smpt emails settings etc so users on s-z1 have to remember there password and thats it really will have the php settings changed sometime today working on it now need to change whole system any further info would be appreciated, are you a admin here or someone who made getsimple? or a very advanced user?
I am the current lead developer.

3.2.2 will have the option to disable curl, it might help your situation.
It is in beta now, you can try it.

3.2.3 will have fix for the password not showing after install.

Always mention you are using a free host, they are very problematic.

I would suggest you manually set your password if you cannot get in after install.
You can ftp edit the user.xml file and put an sha1 encoded password in there manually.
7110eda4d09e062aa5e4a390b0a572ac0d2c0220 = 1234
http://www.sha1-online.com/
oh nice v good info can you explain how to change the password and user name or just password in very basic terms please : ) nice to meet you, i love get-simple i really want to make it part of my site, if theres anyway you can make it more simple for my sites users to use your cms i would appreciate it and any other info you think is relevant, i thank you for your time and knowledge.
You have to create a user file or edit the one that exists in
data/users/username.xml
after install when php settings were ok you can change the password so it may not be a big issue but your advice is now noted and i have this thread bookmarked for implementation to my fan pages and site later
ok i see : ) is there any way i can link to get-simple? like make a logo with my brand and get-simple together? would i be allowed to do that or is there just a script i can add to my site promoting get-simple because that's how much i like this cms
http://carpets.s-z1.com/admin/
i need to change the password or just view the password to this site or just reinstall gs, so i just go to
data/users/username.xml
and change a simmiler code to this 7110eda4d09e062aa5e4a390b0a572ac0d2c0220 = 1234
and if that doesnt work go to http://www.sha1-online.com/ as you mentioned?
sorry if i sound basic i am not as advanced as you lol

i would change it to 7110eda4d09e062aa5e4a390b0a572ac0d2c0220
Fixed in SVN.
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...8c7bd91c82
i dont understand your last post sorry i am new to get-simple, the problems are fixed now for installing get simple though the email issue is a bit of a problem but i guess with a free hosting account you cant moan, but is there a way to setup a email for lost password when you cant use smpt etc on a free host site like mine?
as you can see GS is installed and running beautiful as usual : ) http://carpets.s-z1.com/ changed the php settings to a higher setting. this issue can be fixed in our control panel on clients accounts i am working on getting it upgraded automatically so clients dont have to do it manually asap.