Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Admin Redirection UTF 8
Hey.
Im a big fan of getsimple cms. i have this one problem:

since i have to translate the interface to hebrew, i've tried making a language file using utf-8 encoding. when im using it and trying to login to my admin panel its resets the form. i've tried making all the files that connected somehow to the login panel like components.php, login_functions.php to utf-8 but no luck over there.

Anyone got some idea how to make it work?

thank you very much,
Danbb.
so if you change the site to use en_US it works, but as soon as you set it to your Hebrew file, you can't login?

Did you try saving your file as described here: http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-language/
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Hey, Thanks for your quick replay.

anyhow, it works also if im saving my Hebrew file as ANSI, but then my hebrew shows question marks instaed of hebrew.

i've never tried downloading my file through the link you gave. you think i can download one of the language files from there and change it to be hebrew?
The important part of that link is this: Save your new translation file as UTF-8 without BOM or ANSI as UTF-8. If you are saving it like that, and it still doesn't look right, send your file to me and I will take a look at it. No reason for you to rewrite your whole file... It might end up being something that is GS's problem.
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Sorry for my next dumb question:

how do i save it as utf-8 without BOM?
I can do it with my text editor... im sure notepad++ would be able to do it (I use ultraedit)
- Chris

hi again. i've just managed to get it to work.

you're advice was very helpful! thank you very very much!