Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Movie API Plugin
Hello everybody!
Today I was messing arround with some of my old codes and found one that was using the My Movie API (old IMDB API) to fetch movie informations.
So i thought i should give it a try and convert it into a GetSimple plugin.

A small part of the plugin its already done (not yet fully functional).
ATM the plugin can search based on the combination of the given title, year (for exact result) but next part to be added is searching by IMDB ID.
Also you can specifiy some other params to get a format for your liking.

Now my question is what do you guys think there's a need for a plugin like this?
I will probably finish the plugin anyway (for fun) but i thought i should ask if anyone is interested, if there's a need for it so i release it once its fully functional.

P.S.: Some screens about the current status of the plugin
Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4
(2013-08-05, 09:18:06)Kolyok Wrote: Hello everybody!
Today I was messing arround with some of my old codes and found one that was using the My Movie API (old IMDB API) to fetch movie informations.

ATM the plugin can search based on the combination of the given title, year (for exact result) but next part to be added is searching by IMDB ID.

Now my question is what do you guys think there's a need for a plugin like this?
I will probably finish the plugin anyway (for fun) but i thought i should ask if anyone is interested, if there's a need for it so i release it once its fully functional.

Nice plugin.
I think it would be more interesting if it would be usable in a broader sense. Like not only movies, but also music, comics, books, news, wikipedia, etc.
(2013-08-05, 09:18:06)Kolyok Wrote: Hello everybody!

Sounds like a great idea!
I'm trying to figure out an easy way to publish, edit and update movie posts for a movie theatre website, with a time schedule for the shows etc. This plugin sounds like it could be integrated somehow. The thing is that it's in swedish, so it would be cool if you would be able to get info from other sites to!
I know its been long ago but it looks like I'll have time again for these kind of projects in the near future so probably I'll finish it sooner or later. Smile (Currently My Movie API website seems to be down but I'm already trying out other APIs)

datiswous: Actualy anything available on imdb can be fetched through the api with some restrictions. (not sure about restrictions since the site is down)

nuaremat: The idea of the plugin is to use the My Movie API maybe integrating some other APIs aswell so if you have an example of what sites would you like to get data from please post some links to them.

+++

This plugin itself does not provide an API to fetch data directly from IMDB (or any other site that might be added later), it uses ready-to-go APIs.