Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiz/Test Plugin Missing - Looking for Developer - Funds Available !
Hello,

we are looking for a motivated and talented developer who is capable of developing a nice quiz plugin for GetSimple, which we need for teaching. We have looked around, but a wonderful quiz plugin is definitely missing!

WE ARE SURE THAT SUCH A QUIZ PLUGIN WOULD BE USED BY MANY GETSIMPLE SITES AND THUS IS A HIGHLY INTERESTING PROJECT FOR A DEVELOPER TO GET A HIGH-IMPACT PROJECT.

Our approach is to support you by a small grant and contribute the developed plugin to the GetSimple community, in order to support this awesome CMS in this way. Further, you can mention this project in your CV as we are a renowned public institution.

The plugin should allow the (admin) user to

* Define a quiz (i.e. a collection of questions-answers)
* Define questions (and the right answers)
* Compute some kind of score (number of correct answers)
* There exists some nice statistical method that is capable to determine online (i.e. during going through a quiz) whether a student has enough knowledge. So a certain score has to be computed after each question and if the score satisfies some condition, the user is informed that he/she could stop.

Further,

* It should be possible to embed Latex source in some reasonable way to display math formulas. We are already using MathJax on our GetSimple site, so this is the preferred approach.

* It should be possible to add image(s) to a question/answer, perhaps also a video (link) for further explanations, and hypertext link(s) (URLS, PDFs, ...).

* You can use whatever programming language you like, but the plugin should run without the need to install additional stuff. So probably JavaScript and/or the language in which GetSimple is implemented (I currently can't recall...) are preferable.

* The quiz should be multi-user, such that multiple users can go through the quiz at the same time (without interference...)

* There should be a kind of admin window where one can select which tests are active (visible to the user, which questions are part of a given test, etc.

* We prefer an approach where the user has not to register in some way. However, it would be great to implement both approaches: Going through a quiz without registering as well as using it as a registered user. In the latter case, the plugin should store previous results from test. Perhaps, this is also possible without registering by fetching the IP address or so of the user. For storage of results, use a simple approach such as saving everything in a single textfile (perhaps session-wise with later merging into one big file).

* Store quiz/test results should be downloadable for us as a simple ASCII textfile (say CSV)

* ... we are sure that you have great ideas as well ! ...

Interested ? Then please contact me/us !!
Not interested ? Then please spread this information to your friends and repost at further places !!

Get involved - Contribute a great quiz/test plugin to GetSimple !

We will fund you !

Thanks and best wishes,

math2go