Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redirect plugin
This simple plugin allows you to redirect individual pages to other pages (in the site, or external ones).

Usage:

Edit the page you want to redirect and insert this tag in the title, description or tags/keywords field:
Code:
redirect=destination

destination can be another page's slug, or an URL.

Note: if you choose to put that tag in the tags/keywords field, you may prefer to prefix it with an underscore, like:
_redirect=destination
(so that I18N Search doesn't show it in the tag cloud)

Download: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/redirect/688/
(2013-08-16, 18:40:04)Carlos Wrote: Note: if you choose to put that tag in the tags/keywords field, you may prefer to prefix it with an underscore, like:
_redirect=destination
(so that I18N Search doesn't index it as a keyword)

The tag will be indexed by I18N Search, but it will not be displayed in the tag cloud. You will be able to find all redirected pages with http://link-to-search-page?tags=_redirect
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2013-08-16, 20:03:19)mvlcek Wrote: The tag will be indexed by I18N Search, but it will not be displayed in the tag cloud.

Thank you, I didn't express myself well. I've edited the post.

(2013-08-16, 20:03:19)mvlcek Wrote: You will be able to find all redirected pages with http://link-to-search-page?tags=_redirect

That's an unplanned feature :-)
Sounds good.

So if I make a 'dummy' page and redirect to an external url would I have a very easy way of adding an external link to my menu?
Is there a need for this ? I was playing with adding some special advanced fields to core one of them being an alias or similar, so a page could set an alias, and not have to have a dummy page anywhere. This alias would let us possibly implement actual url slugs without modifying our core use of slug as file id etc.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Examples (well, what I needed this for):
- easily redirecting a slug that has changed but is still indexed by google (and now was showing 404)
- redirecting a page that has been moved to a different domain.
(2013-08-16, 23:15:11)Timbow Wrote: So if I make a 'dummy' page and redirect to an external url would I have a very easy way of adding an external link to my menu?

It would work, if you don't mind that the URL in the menu will be rendered as the dummy page's one.
If the external one is going to be the first or the last item in the menu, I'd rather use the 'traditional' method (inserting it in the template).

[edit] I hadn't seen your very recent post :-)
BTW there is another plugin for this, URI Redirect, but it never worked for me.
ah so url redirects as well. Yeah that is best handled by a plugin for sure.
great plugin, carlos, I really needed it
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts
Is it possible for a future upgrade of this great plugin to have possibility for url redirect to open in a new window please?
Then it wouldn't be a redirect. Smile
I know how to create a new page in Get Simple Wink it's simple Smile
But how to redirect this page in external serwer.
example:

i want to create a page in menu (back end) name it example "extra link page" and save it without a any content...

In front-end i want when any user click a page named "extra link page" then system will be redirect him to external page..
it's possible and easy than a slug a _redirect=destination ?

i'm see it like that:
i'm create a new page (back-end) and in page options: URL site: i'm paste a url what i whant to relocate from installed cms page. it's possible? or something simmilar ? please help

URI Redirect it's look sense.. but it's not working..

i'm was trying it it get_i18n_navigation
;(
user plugin: scroll to top
(2014-01-17, 09:22:05)xxdex Wrote: But how to redirect this page in external serwer.
Make yourself familiar with i18n customfield plugin.
Then create a new field for external link to the page you want to redirect from the menu, give it an example name: externalurl
Then create a new template file, name it for example: redirect_template.php
Use below code inside template file
Code:
<?php
// Permanent redirection
header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
header("Location:".return_custom_field('externalurl'));
exit();
?>

All you have to do is:
1. add new page, add it to the menu (page options)
2. paste link into custom field (page options) | edit: don'g forget http:// prefix in pasted link, otherwise it won't work
3. choose external_link template for this particular page (page options)
4. Save page
voilla
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
(2014-01-17, 20:30:40)yojoe Wrote:
(2014-01-17, 09:22:05)xxdex Wrote: But how to redirect this page in external serwer.
Make yourself familiar with i18n customfield plugin.
Then create a new field for external link to the page you want to redirect from the menu, give it an example name: externalurl
Then create a new template file, name it for example: redirect_template.php
Use below code inside template file
Code:
<?php
// Permanent redirection
header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
header("Location:".return_custom_field('externalurl'));
exit();
?>

All you have to do is:
1. add new page, add it to the menu (page options)
2. paste link into custom field (page options) | edit: don'g forget http:// prefix in pasted link, otherwise it won't work
3. choose external_link template for this particular page (page options)
4. Save page
voilla

it's working!!!! VERY VERY THANK U yojoe!!
user plugin: scroll to top
Just used this to redirect a menu item "Forum" to an external MyBB Forum site - works wonderful!!!
Thanks,
jwzumwalt
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")