Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved! - Howto update from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2 without big jumps?
Shocked 
How can I update from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2 without problems? Which files shold be copied / overwritten, which not in a running system?
I didn't found any HowTo elsewher - and there seems no function to update automatic, because only the download of the new version is been offered.
I have not the time to check and try, because my boss wants to hold the running site, no downtime is possible.
Some tries on al local system didn't work, because its a blackbox I don'n know, how it coult be done...
Many thanks vor advice an help in advance.

---- some time later

ok, I found the problem.
It's sometime better to read exactly all rows of the error messages and then do the right...shame on my head, sorryHuh
The only thing is to copy also the language file which is on the old system the active (I renamed the old admin-dir and copied the new one, and therefore the languagefile wasn't includet...sorry for the failure before the monitor of the box...Angel
Everyone just copies the new one over the old one.
Not sure what you are asking.

I am pretty sure installation instructions are on the download page and the wiki.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-08-19, 22:10:04)shawn_a Wrote: Everyone just copies the new one over the old one.
Not sure what you are asking.

I am pretty sure installation instructions are on the download page and the wiki.
yes it is and I've read...
but I did not copy over the old one i did rename the old and then copied the new one - and therefore no language file where in it. Only my mistake, no one others...
The instructions I've read but it seemed to easy...Cool and then came the error messages and I'd not search the failure by myself...
I'm sorry.

Thanks for GetSimple, this awesom piece of software - it's a great help to build an manage websites, and the only one, thats workflow I can understand.