Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
menu not aligned in opera?
Is anyone able to tell why the main menu of the default theme is not aligned when viewed with opera (10.10)? See attached image.

Edit: hm, ok no image...apparently the "attachment" link does something different than I expected Tongue
Do this for the css... and watch the rest of the browsers hate it.

#header #nav {
color: #ffffff [overwritten];
font-size: 13px;
text-transform: uppercase;
list-style-position: outside;
margin-top: -19px;
list-style-type: none;
list-style-image: none;
}
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
internet54 Wrote:Do this for the css... and watch the rest of the browsers hate it.
margin-top: -19px;

Ok, but what would the reason be of Opera's behavior? I thought Opera is strictly by standards, that would mean the other browsers do it "wrong"...?
Nothing is strict in browser viewing... maybe one day... Smile
SVL,

Reading is different from interpreting, don't you agree?
That is why each browser engine displays different results.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

I should not have used the word "wrong". Of course in browser land there are a lot of differences and who is "right" is difficult to determine and sometimes simply an opinion... But I'd still like to know what reason/rules/bugs/etc caused Opera to be different than eg Firefox in this specific case, where it causes a theme to render wrong. After all, there are standards/definitions for the manufacturers to use, so an answer could be "Opera is ahead of the rest in terms of standards", or "Opera is doing this because.....a known "issue".... ".
^ Or you could say that Opera has their heads in the clouds. I LOVE their browser, but will NOT use it. Because of the flash integration, many websites will not work correctly. Also, I put them in the same class as WordPress. Both products work to be the greatest and most advanced, but they fail to SLOW DOWN. Wordpress last year was on version 2.6. They are now on 2.9 and they have no regards for slowing down. Opera, isn't moving as quickly, but they FAIL to fix the bugs that have ridden their browser for years.

So what if they have HTML5 already. The <1% of people can enjoy going to a HTML5 website. Congratulations on capturing a great feat in being the first to accomplish this Opera. :rollseyes:

Currently I use Chrome, because it's fast and lightweight. However, if Chrome does not get a Print Preview soon I might go with IE :/ IE8 is the best at printing, IMO.

internet54 Wrote:Currently I use Chrome
- its all i use too. i love this thing
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
^ You have to admit the printing feature does suck.

Also about Chrome, it took a while to get used to the debugger, but now I like it. I don't love it yet, but it just needs a few things like clickable links in the debugger (especially css area), and selecting html. Yes, you can view source, but why should you have to view source to copy html that is showing in the debugger?