Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navigation not working...
First of all: I realy like this CMS. Very professional!

Now my question: I bought a cool template from http://www.getsimplethemes.com/ and changed the look of it. You can view it here:

www.twaalfruiter.nl

Now the weird part: the navigation on top works great, but the left side navigation (after clicking an item from the top) doesn't work. I realy can't figure out whats going wrong here.

any help is welcome. thanks!!
Your top links use the default GS structure, SITE/index.php?id=page, but your left-side ones are like SITE/page - and it seems rewrite rules are not working. Do you have an .htaccess file in the site root?
Thanks for dropping by. I have an htacces file, but I think there is something missing:

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
Options -Indexes

# blocks direct access to the XML files - they hold all the data!
<Files ~ "\.xml$">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Satisfy All
</Files>

Thats it.

(2013-08-29, 06:20:08)Carlos Wrote: Your top links use the default GS structure, SITE/index.php?id=page, but your left-side ones are like SITE/page - and it seems rewrite rules are not working. Do you have an .htaccess file in the site root?
Strange. The .htaccess has not been properly created when GS was installed, or someone (or something) has broken it. It's missing these lines after those you posted:

RewriteEngine on

# Usually it RewriteBase is just '/', but
# replace it with your subdirectory path
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]
Thanks Carlos! Now its working as it should. Great youre responding so fast! Have a nice day!