Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invalid Argument in plugin_functions 195
Downloaded 3.2.3 and installed it. I have several copies running on this server, on separate domains. Everything seemed to be working fine the other day. But just now I get this error:

Code:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/userdirhere/public_html/shawnsworld.ca/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 195

And as a result I cannot login. It will tell me if I got my username/password wrong, and doesn't when I get it right. But it just brings me back to this page, probably having failed to finish the login procedure at some point. I can't just go to /admin or /admin/pages. It asks me to login again.

You can see it here.
  • GetSimple CMS 3.2.3
  • No plugins added
  • One theme added
This is possibly an error related to having no plugins or missing the plugins directory entirely.

Did you check health check ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-09-04, 06:19:31)shawn_a Wrote: This is possibly an error related to having no plugins or missing the plugins directory entirely.

Did you check health check ?

Thanks shawn_a.

I did not previously as everything seemed to work. Couldn't as I could not login. I created a plugin directory. Now i can login. Health complains about the plugins XML, so I uncompressed the plugins directory and now everything looks fine.

You assistance has been appreciated.
doh, of course. my bad.

How were you missing this directory, did you not perform an inplace upgrade ?
(2013-09-04, 08:00:05)shawn_a Wrote: doh, of course. my bad.

How were you missing this directory, did you not perform an inplace upgrade ?

No idea! It was a brand new fresh install. Actually, you know what? I may have accidentally moved it when I moved half a dozen directories off the root. Old stuff. No longer needed. I bet if I look in a sub folder I'd see I moved it. Totally my fault. My first thought was 'was that not in the install file' but since I took it from that file, it wasn't a mistake in the compressed files.

So, my fault entirely. However it happened. That would explain why it worked fine when I was playing with it, and then it stopped afterward.
Yeah I have previously considered a way to do a health check without login capability. I think we can fix this by making sure that simple php notices and warnings do not break login headers.

You could have turned off php errors and gotten in just fine I am betting. If this is a production server, you should have them turned off via php.

I probably broke this by making GS not suppress errors anymore. If you run with error_reporting on all the time you will have to enable GSSUPRESSERRORS in gsconfig to avoid issues like this when debug mode is not on.
I cannot reproduce this problem.
If I remove my plugins folder, I get the warnings, but I can still login just fine.

Was that all you did to fix it, or was something else wrong.
What browser were you using ?
Nevermind, my host has output_buffering on, which prevents header already sent issues, so much for debugging, ill test later on my dev machine.
fixed
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/647