Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A error message generating the SiteMap
Generating the SiteMap it shows this message:

"Sitemap Created, however there was an error pinging one or more of the search engines"

How I can fix it?
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts
(2013-09-13, 05:25:43)D.O. Wrote: How I can fix it?
The default setting (since v3.1, I think) is not to ping search engines. The error message is a bit misleading, because it suggests that something has gone wrong (but the notification is green, not red).

If you want to ping search engines when you generate a sitemap, comment (disable) the following line in gsconfig.php:
Code:
define('GSDONOTPING', 1);

If you do not want to ping the search engines, do not change the line in gsconfig.php, just ignore the message. Check that the sitemap is being generated correctly.
--
Nick.
Hi Hameau,
thanks for replying me.
Then the written "Sitemap Created, however there was an error pinging one or more of the search engines" is green so I think it is not so serious.

Anyway, turning off GSDONOTPING, it says: "Sitemap Created! We also successfully pinged 4 search engines of the update".

I think it's fixed now. Thanks!

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

Well that makes no sense.

GSDONOTPING gives an error about pinging ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
How are you generating sitemap ? This might be a plugin issue, since ifdonotping is defined this is impossible.
(2013-09-17, 23:05:06)shawn_a Wrote: Well that makes no sense.

GSDONOTPING gives an error about pinging ?

Yes, it always has (since the advent of GSDONOTPING).

Sorry, I see I had it in my notes to report it at the time, but it must have slipped through the cracks. I'm just testing now to see if it's plugin related.

Edit: Yes, it's down to mvlcek's I18N (specifically, I18N Base), which takes control of the sitemap generation. With no plugins, it's all good.
--
Nick.
Mystery resolved!

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

@ Hameau: Thanks for your precious Help!

@ Shawn: I suppose that search engines index the content of my pages anyway 'cause Google shows my site at the top. I think Hameau is right about it can depend on I18N plugin because the button "Generate Sitemap" is linked to this url http://www.mysite.com/admin/load.php?id=...se&sitemap

After I followed the Hameau's tip, the message is now "Sitemap Created! We also successfully pinged 4 search engines of the update" and this is my gsconfig...

PHP Code:
# Ping search engines upon sitemap generation?
#define('GSDONOTPING', 1);

# Disable Sitemap generation and menu items
# define('GSNOSITEMAP',true); 

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

So my guess is that plugin is not compatible with Gsdonotping
It seems so!

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

Hello,

I get an error message in red when I want to create (with I18N) or view (without I18N) my sitemap:

"Fehler: Die Sitemap wurde erstellt, jedoch trat ein Fehler beim Benachrichtigen der Suchmaschinen auf"

I use GS 3.3.3 and it seems it has nothing to do with the I18N plugin, since it also occurs with deactivated plugins.
I18n has base functionality that can remain active even with its plugins disabled.
And I cannot read German, what is the i18n token for that message?
Same as above?
Oh.

Yes, it means the same like "Sitemap Created, however there was an error pinging one or more of the search engines"

So there is no way to ping them when I18N Base is installed?
It must be something else. I renamed the i18n-base.php so that it disappeard from the plugins tab.

And still no ping. It just says: Sitemap actualized, nothing with search engines...
Is gs up to date and i18n plugin?
Yes: 3.3.3 and 3.2.8

But for fancy url sitemaps with News Manager (http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...7#pid47917)
I added
define('I18N_SINGLE_LANGUAGE', true);
to gsconfig.php.
core does not use that message anymore, we only show an error if pinging failed and was enabled, not on success.

I do recall around 3.1 an issue like this was fixed in core, i18n uses its own sitemap generation i believe, perhaps it is not fixed there.

Either way i am not investigating this further
Sad

I deactivated and removed the I18N plugins and then got exactly the same message:
"Fehler: Die Sitemap wurde erstellt, jedoch trat ein Fehler beim Benachrichtigen der Suchmaschinen auf" = "Sitemap Created, however there was an error pinging one or more of the search engines"

So what can I do? I never had a version earlier than 3.3.2 on my server...
How/where do you get that message? If you don't have I18N, you don't have a "Generate Sitemap" link.
That's right. Without the I18N plugins I press "Sitemap anzeigen", "Show sitemap"? and then I get the same message.

Just now I updated to GS 3.3.4 - and the same.
Without I18N I only have a "View Sitemap" link that takes me to a page that only shows a couple buttons ("refresh" and "view") and displays the Sitemap below, nothing else. No errors, no messages.
Without I18N base I get this:

(attachment)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Oops, I thought that "View Sitemap" didn't ping.

I have been able to reproduce this issue in a local install by disconnecting my computer from the internet.

Maybe you're getting that error because your host is being blocked or something...
It calls generate_sitemap() every time you load the page.
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/938

I also removed sitemap pinging from 3.4 entirely.

I might fix it up a bit in 3.3.x cause ask.com doesnt exist anymore, and the ping statuses are all wrong, it returns the last result from that function. Just deleting the ask.com block might fix it.

actually that connection fails entirely so it doesn't set status, so one of your other pings is actually failing.
probably bing, not sure why though, could be a connection issue, or fsockopen not allowed
Quote:Maybe you're getting that error because your host is being blocked or something...

My host means the webserver with my site? Not my computer?

Quote:I also removed sitemap pinging from 3.4 entirely.

No pinging in future versions?