Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTML editor vanishes from page after u/g
Hi

I've just u/g a site of mine and I've obviously done something daft as the HTML editor now flashes up briefly and then vanishes from any page I'm editing or creating.

If I set my profile NOT to use HTML then I can edit ascii text just fine and also edit raw html from old pages.

Where should I look to debug & correct this?

Oh yes - with debug enabled no errors appear in the debug window.

Many thanks

David
(2013-09-14, 02:21:13)david.matthewson Wrote: ... as the HTML editor now flashes up briefly and then vanishes from any page I'm editing or creating.

Try commenting any custom settings in gsconfig.php that you have for these two parameters:
Code:
#define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');

#define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', '');

I can't remember exactly what I found was causing similar symptoms when I upgraded. Re-introduce your custom settings one at a time to see what breaks it.
--
Nick.
(2013-09-14, 04:35:49)hameau Wrote:
(2013-09-14, 02:21:13)david.matthewson Wrote: ... as the HTML editor now flashes up briefly and then vanishes from any page I'm editing or creating.

Try commenting any custom settings in gsconfig.php that you have for these two parameters:
Code:
#define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');

#define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', '');

I can't remember exactly what I found was causing similar symptoms when I upgraded. Re-introduce your custom settings one at a time to see what breaks it.
Many thanks!

It was this:

# WYSIWYG Editor Options
# define('GSEDITOROPTIONS',"scayt_autoStartup:true, extraPlugins:'video', scayt_sLang:'en_GB'");

I guess the plugins referred to are missing/corrupt, hence the editor can't load.

Happy happy...Big GrinBig Grin

Much appreciate your prompt help.

David