Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Mobile Theme Changer
Why you need to create different themes for different mobile OS? You can create only one theme for all mobile operating systems, which need to determine what the device from which a man went to the site is mobile.
Sorry, I translate by Google.
Oleg06 Wrote:Why you need to create different themes for different mobile OS? You can create only one theme for all mobile operating systems, which need to determine what the device from which a man went to the site is mobile.
Sorry, I translate by Google.

I think Oleg06 wants a theme just for mobile, they don't care what os.
So desktop site, mobile site.
1 mobile theme.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Actually I can just use CSS to define the width of the screen Smile
but it is possible to create themes for mobile will need to remove or replace some components
I've tried to get this theme switcher to work, but when I go to the site using a mobile emulator I don't see that it is switching themes. I've tried ready.mobi, opera simulator and iphonesimulator. Does anyone have an idea how I can verify this is working if I don't have access to a mobile browser?
Use a useragentswitcher plugin for chrome or firefox or whatever, detection is done by http-useragent
That worked - thanks!!

Now here's a question... I offer quickly mobile websites (like a 5 page cliff notes version of your website) to clients, and from the quick site offer a link to view the main site if a user wished to proceed. The main site now has the simple mobile switcher working so that's great, but... since the .htaccess file has the initial redirect to the quick mobile site, how do I bypass that switcher in .htaccess so that a user can access the full site when they click to it?

Any ideas?
Thought I'd try this plugin...

Some trouble tho.

I have theme 'Simple Mobile', by itself it works ok either with mobile or my 'puters browser(s).

If I change theme to non-mobile and enable mobile theme changer plugin, page loading stops at

<div data-role="content">

After that, nothing in source view.

Why is that? Is it the plugin or the theme that causes the freeze?
Can you enable debug mode and post the results of that?
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
OWS_Matthew Wrote:Can you enable debug mode and post the results of that?

Here's the result:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_navigationMobile() in /home/45215/public_html/dev/theme/mobile/template.php on line 38

Don't understand much of that :-)
Let me look into this soon, I have an idea of the issue.
JWH Technologies
vasitellapahki Wrote:

Here's the result:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_navigationMobile() in /home/45215/public_html/dev/theme/mobile/template.php on line 38

This appears to be an issue with your mobile theme..
JWH Technologies
OWS_Matthew Wrote:
vasitellapahki Wrote:

Here's the result:

This appears to be an issue with your mobile theme..

Ok, thanks. I'll try if I can figure out some solution to get it working (with my non-existent php skills :-) )...
If you would like to send me the template.php file, I wil take a look for you.

You can paste it hear or email it to matt@get-simple.info
JWH Technologies
OWS_Matthew Wrote:If you would like to send me the template.php file, I wil take a look for you.

You can paste it hear or email it to matt@get-simple.info

Thanks, but I think I got it now working, I'm using Innovation as base and I added mobile navigation function to Innovation theme's function.php... actually, I can't remember if I did something else but anyway it seems to be working as it should.
Thanks for your time!
Hi there!
First of all thanks for a really nice plugin.
I'm using GetSimple 3.1.2
It seems as though everyting is saved to sm_settings.xml when clicking save. In the UI though I don't get a message saying that it is saved. I'm just reaching an empty page afterwards.

When in debugmode I get these error messages after "save" is clicked.

Notice: Undefined index: simple_mobile_theme_changer?saved=yes in C:\xampp\htdocs\widecircle\admin\load.php on line 26

Notice: Undefined index: simple_mobile_theme_changer?saved=yes in C:\xampp\htdocs\widecircle\admin\template\include-nav.php on line 18

Notice: Undefined index: simple_mobile_theme_changer?saved=yes in C:\xampp\htdocs\widecircle\admin\load.php on line 38

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, no array or string given in C:\xampp\htdocs\widecircle\admin\load.php on line 38

Anyone has an idea as to what's going on?

Best, Niklas
(2012-04-13, 22:47:35)m1k3y Wrote: Use a useragentswitcher plugin for chrome or firefox or whatever, detection is done by http-useragent
The useragent worked, but now it doesn't anymore. Is this plugin still compatible with the newest release of GetSimple, or am I missing something? Have been to the site using an iPhone and Blackberry emulator and in both cases the theme isn't switching.
Hi- can you help me out on the implementation of this? This is just what I need, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I am using the Innovate theme and the mobile theme. Both work fine when i test them.

When I activate your plugin, and test on my phone, it switches, but only serves the top header. All the other content below is stripped off for some reason.

Is it compatible with the latest version of getsimple?

Or does anyone know of a theme that automatically adjusts for page size?

Thks for your help
I never did get a response on my other question, but regardless... it appears that the mobile switcher has arbirtrarily ceased working - my client reports that no longer displays an alternate template when the site is viewed with a mobile browser. Any ideas on why that's happening or how to fix it?
I will check this in the next day. Have you attempted enabling debug mode? That would really help.
JWH Technologies
(2013-02-25, 15:27:30)JWH_Matthew Wrote: I will check this in the next day. Have you attempted enabling debug mode? That would really help.

I don't see a debug option anywhere. How do you enable that?

Thanks!
GS debug mode: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=877