Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.current for a page _and_ its subpages
Hi, Smile
I'm discovering GetSimple, and I think I have now found my favorite CMS (really).
But there is something I don't know how to do. :/

I've created a website with pages and subpages. On the navigation, called with get_navigation(return_page_slug()); there are only some pages, but not any subpages. What I want to do is to have a "current" class on the <li> corresponding to a page, even if the viewer is currently on a subpage of this page.

For example, when I am on 'foo/bar', I would like to have the 'foo' button (<li class="foo">) with the class "current" (so, <li class="current foo">), exactly like if I was actually on the page 'foo', and not on the page 'bar', subpage of 'foo'.

Is there a (simple) solution ? Smile I'm not searching for a multi-lever navigation (I found this tutorial), but for the same default simple navigation, with a consideration of subpages.

Thanks a lot Wink
Nicolas.
As soon as you’re not happy with the way the menu is generated you’ll have to code your own menu function (most of the time). For this you might find zegnat_menu_function() a good starter.

If you want to see how far you can get editing the standard function you’ll find it in /admin/inc/theme_functions.php. It starts at a line somewhere around 290. You’ll want to edit this line:
Code:
if ("$currentpage" == "$url_nav") { $classes = "current ". $url_nav; } else { $classes = $url_nav; }

Good luck there, I don’t have the time to write you a custom function just now.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!