Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source code editor bug?
So fortunately I made a backup right before I found that bug (if it is one). I maybe crazy but I am going to attempt to replicate and document the bug tonight. I appreciate everybody pitching in and trying to help!

(2013-10-15, 08:00:49)Kolyok Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 07:54:04)jliwanag77 Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 07:35:23)Kolyok Wrote: Btw something like this would also solve this:

PHP Code:
$site_url $SITEURL;
$plugin_folder basename(GSPLUGINPATH);
$plugin_url $site_url.$plugin_folder

then in the plugin use the $plugin_url instead:

PHP Code:
$style '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'.$plugin_url.'/simple_contact/css/simple_contact.css"></link>';
$script '<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$plugin_url.'/simple_contact/js/jquery.validate.min.js"></script>'

This way plugins folder name is taken directly from GSPLUGINPATH so no need for manual rewrite if changed.

Forgive my ignorance, would this be located in the nanoslider.php file?

Yes in nanoslider.php.
Im still trying to reproduce those errors but untill now only the already mentioned folder rename caused problem for me.

Edit: I just checked your site and it seems now its loaded but jquery isnt.
I see jquery its loaded in footer template. Try to move it to the header template so its loaded before anything else.
Quote:So fortunately I made a backup right before I found that bug (if it is one). I maybe crazy but I am going to attempt to replicate and document the bug tonight. I appreciate everybody pitching in and trying to help!

I assume that you're going to try to debug this on a development server, if so, my first suggestion is that you go to the nano slider plug-in folder and change the file "nanoslider_debug.off" to "nanoslider_debug.on"

Second suggestion is to go to your head template file and comment out all references to be nanoslider CSS and JavaScript files, including the document ready script. The GS call to the plug-in folder should be doing the heavy lifting of calling those files.
… By the way all of those references had double // after the domain name and were of no use anyway(Except for calling 404 errors).

Try this set up and make sure it's working satisfactorily,… then try making your CSS changes. If you're still having the same problem, it should show up in the debug mode and make it a little easier to correct.

I hope this helps,… I hate to see such a good-looking site damaged!

PS Your document ready script may provide a faster image load so I wouldn't discount using it.