Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GetSimple Contact
(2013-10-24, 16:16:32)Kolyok Wrote:
(2013-10-24, 15:54:50)dad113 Wrote:
(2013-10-24, 14:29:11)Kolyok Wrote: Check out here: http://dev.nagysandorart.com/

However, the plugin does not work correctly ...
Language of the form must show that, as at the entire site,
no matter what ...

For example - the delivery of results in the search form is always displayed correctly on my sites.
I use to display the component <? Php get_i18n_component ('newsblock');?>

Probably in the form of feedback used another principle?

Its made to be able to show other languages and fall back to default as well.
With i18n if you make lets say english and french and you have a few pages that arent available on french they will fall back to english.
Something similar is here if the site is set to french but plugin translation is not found it will always fall back to english since english is the main plugin language.

Anyway im not quite sure if i understand your problems.
On the demo site the plugin just works as expected (i cant see where it displays the wrong language).

Ill try to make some tests and see if i encounter any problems and in the next update ill fix them (if any).

I have site using your plugin:
http://turist.lds-studio.ru/
And one problem:
The default language is Russian. But the actual pages with no sign language - English.
index
index_ru
index_cn
When the site loads, all content in Russian, but the feedback form on English.
It was only after switching from one language to everything starts to work correctly - the language of the form is the current language of the site.
Your pages should be
index -> russian
index_en -> english
index_cn -> chinese

Because you have

index -> english
index_ru -> russian
index_cn -> chinese

Your site loads default english. (Look at the following image no language is set and default site language is english not russian)
[Image: K_perny_k_p_2013_10_24_09_05_26.jpg]
is it possible to make that language was taken not from a plugin settings, and the settings of your site?
http://getsimplecms.ru/demo/000/kontakty/

http://getsimplecms.ru/demo/000/?lang=ru
http://getsimplecms.ru/demo/000/kontakty/?lang=ru

http://getsimplecms.ru/demo/000/?lang=en
http://getsimplecms.ru/demo/000/kontakty/?lang=en
(2013-10-24, 17:06:44)Kolyok Wrote: Your pages should be
index -> russian
index_en -> english
index_cn -> chinese

Because you have

index -> english
index_ru -> russian
index_cn -> chinese

Your site loads default english. (Look athe the following image no language is set and default site language is english not russian)
[Image: K_perny_k_p_2013_10_24_09_05_26.jpg]

I understand that. Do not want to redo the whole structure ...
I went through all possible ways to change language and i found a few interesting things.
Soon i'll release a patch that will fix some small issues and also improve the frontend language detecting.
Thanks again for your reports guys.
GreaT Job Kolyok Smile Thank You
Hello,

Thanks for the nice plugin, but just ask about one problem (wrong captch and lost all entered information on fields).

Case 1 (OK):
When we entered a wrong field (like mail) or empty subject the form keep informations on fields and show an error message that say to user that it correct his wrong information.
All field of contact form are keep on form.

Case 2 (no keep information on fileds) :
But when the user enter a wrong captcha the form reset (so all informations entered into the form are lost).
How i can keep theses information on fields when the captcha code entered is wrong?

Thanks in advance for help .
evan70:
Thank you.

mikevador02:
Not sure if you noticed that all the form fields (except captcha) are (jQuery) validated before you submit so the fields wont go empty.
Captchas (unless validating through ajax) need to be posted/submitted first then the backend validates it.
The reason for this is that i never wanted to only validate captcha through ajax then submit the whole form through the normal way but maybe in the future i will add a full ajax validation for the whole form instead.
(2013-10-27, 01:34:36)Kolyok Wrote: evan70:
Thank you.

mikevador02:
Not sure if you noticed that all the form fields (except captcha) are (jQuery) validated before you submit so the fields wont go empty.
Captchas (unless validating through ajax) need to be posted/submitted first then the backend validates it.
The reason for this is that i never wanted to only validate captcha through ajax then submit the whole form through the normal way but maybe in the future i will add a full ajax validation for the whole form instead.

Thanks for you fast response, i had this problem in php form easier to developpe Big Grin, to contour this problem i put the field form in session variable in php, and re inject them into form if its wrong when must use post form, and if the data are true , i cleaning session var to make input are empty.
But here i must understand de cms too and other function that i tried to find to use this process for captcha.
Well as a fast workaround you could also just add to each field preset values with:
PHP Code:
<?php isset($_POST['field']) ? $_POST['field'] : '' ?>
Version 1.3.0 available in Extend

GetSimple Contact 1.3.0 - Download from Extend

Just overwrite the existing files with the new ones.
  • 1.3.0:
    - Added SMTP Configuration (enable/disable/configure from backend)
    - Added frontend attachments (enabled/disable from backend)
    - Small changes/additions on multi language detection
    - Small changes/additions on other parts of the code
Check first post for more infos.

Demo: GetSimple Contact Demo
What type of files can be attached to a post?
Its in the first post but here you go:
Quote:(currently max 1 attachment with a 1MB max filesize and [.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .bmp, .pdf (Portable Document Format; Adobe Acrobat), .doc, .docx (Microsoft Word Document), .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx (Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation), .odt (OpenDocument Text Document), .xls, .xlsx (Microsoft Excel Document)] file types are allowed)
I tried to send a .zip, but it did not Smile
I was testing the captcha by entering the wrong code which works fine, however what i am finding is that it clears all of the fields so the person has to re-enter their details and question.

Is there a setting or maybe a future update that will keep the data they entered and simply say the captcha was wrong so they can try again. Sometimes mistakes can be made when entering the captcha so the system needs to accept that and allow the person to try again without needing them to re fill in all fields again.

Cheers

GW
the form wont work on hostinger.ph hosting (wont send mail). Is there any specific advices to run plugin on that hosting correctly?
~GW~:
Currently working on other things so i cant give an eta but i will add ajax validation on the captcha.
However the situation is normal since the fields are validated through jquery first and then on the backend but captcha is only validated on the backend.

klowan:
Can you post the error message you get? Without any details i cant tell what the problem could be.
Also ive seen your host does not allow smtp and such (with free hosting). It could be related to something from the hosting too.
Anyway please post the error message you get.
Error message was: Invalid form data

Also support of hostiger answered my e-mail:

REPLY HAS BEEN ADDED:

Hello,

You do not need to use SMTP to send email from your site. We fully support PHP mail() functions, which are very easy to setup to send email from your site. Please check this tutorial for more information on how to use PHP mail: http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_mail.asp

If you do want to use SMTP, you can find your SMTP details in the Details section of the control panel: http://cpanel.hostinger.ph/accounts/details
Invalid form data error message appears if:
1. More fields/less fields are submitted than the allowed.
2. The tokens aren't submitted or they are out of validity or they just don't get generated properly.

Now what i think the problem could be is the second.
Maybe you could post the link so i can check it live.
features request:
1) form submission without page refresh
2) success message within modal window
Is there an insta way of adding a must have field: phone number ?

btw. as [sc_form] tag is being used, I'd suggest adding also generally accepted method of invoking plugin's default content from within wysiwyg by using {% plugin %}

edit: and also disable one of two labels for field (either inside input, or a default <label>)
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe,
I suppose you meant (% plugin %), as {% ... %} is used by DynPages.
Hallo

Good work!

I am willing to undertake a localization onto German.
For now I have copied over the EN version to plugins/getsimple_contact/lang/de_DE-php.
But how can I activate the language?
The system language is already de_DE.

Regards
MK
yojoe: Currently no way of adding. Everything is static but I'm thinking of extending it so dynamic fields can be added.

mklemme: If the site language in the backend is set to german (de_DE.php) the plugin should automatically detect it and load the german (de_DE.php) language file from the plugins lang folder unless it has wrong permissions then it falls back to default language.
(2013-11-24, 04:24:46)Kolyok Wrote: mklemme: If the site language in the backend is set to german (de_DE.php) the plugin should automatically detect it and load the german (de_DE.php) language file from the plugins lang folder unless it has wrong permissions then it falls back to default language.

I checked the name and the permission.
When I copy the file to en_US, then I get the German texts.
Is there anything else I can try?