• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GetSimple Contact
Hello together,

Whenever I try to send a mail, I get the following error message:

SMTP connect() failed.

Any hints? Spells? Magic artefacts?

http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/bildschirm...164841.php
Hello flynn,
is SMTP Status and Authentication in your backend enabled and configured?
Do you want to send by SMTP?

Cheers,
moped
(2015-10-16, 17:32:44)moped Wrote: Hello flynn,
is SMTP Status and Authentication in your backend enabled and configured?
Do you want to send by SMTP?

Cheers,
moped

Hello moped,

my fault. I thought, SMTP was necessary. I removed the SMTP status and it works. You're great. Thank you!
Hello everyone !,

The OpenCaptcha no longer works, and we want to change  the "getsimple_contact.php" file for the purpose of to choose reCaptcha as the default security. and delete totaly opencaptcha.
we are hosting agents, and we offer websites with Get Simple CMS autoinstalled, and by default the contact form is installed, but now we have this problem, and we need to modify the files module installation to remove OpenCaptcha  and replace it with recaptcha.

Can someone help me?,

Thanks in advance!!
(2015-10-26, 23:05:52)Merouane CRMK Wrote: Hello everyone !,

The OpenCaptcha no longer works, and we want to change  the "getsimple_contact.php" file for the purpose of to choose reCaptcha as the default security. and delete totaly opencaptcha.
we are hosting agents, and we offer websites with Get Simple CMS autoinstalled, and by default the contact form is installed, but now we have this problem, and we need to modify the files module installation to remove OpenCaptcha  and replace it with recaptcha.

Can someone help me?,

Thanks in advance!!

You're not suposed to edit php files manually. You can set recaptcha in the settings of this plugin. See documentation on post 1 of this topic.
(2015-10-26, 23:17:02)datiswous Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 23:05:52)Merouane CRMK Wrote: Hello everyone !,

Can someone help me?,

Thanks in advance!!

You're not suposed to edit php files manually. You can set recaptcha in the settings of this plugin. See documentation on post 1 of this topic.

The problem here is that we cannot request each customer to make these changes, it's a bit annoying for them, then we thought that the best way is modify the php. At least try to activate the reCaptcha in instead of OpenCaptcha, any ideas for do it? Thanks!
Ok. You can change the settings file: /data/other/getsimple_contact_settings.xml
(2015-10-26, 23:47:20)datiswous Wrote: Ok. You can change the settings file: /data/other/getsimple_contact_settings.xml

thank you very much, I've fixed Big Grin  
Hello, I have a strage problem with GetSimple Contact (v1.3.0) on GetSimple (v3.3.7).

First I tried it without SMTP Auth but this did not work. My Provider told me I have to use SMTP Auth to send over a contact form.

So I enabled "SMTP Status" in the backend and entered all necessary data (Host, Port, SMTP Authentication "Enabled", Username and Password).

Now when I test the contact form I always get the error: SMTP connect() failed.

I have rechecked the data I have entered (in the backend and in getsimple_contact_settings.xml) but it is/was correct.

I have thought its a problem with the provider again, but the testscript from here works.

Can someone explain this strage behavior?
Also have problem with "SMTP connect failed" ?
Edited with correct server port useraccount and password but still fails
Hi there,
really great plugin! Thank you!
I´m using it on a 3-language page DE/EN/RU. But in my distribution there is no de-DE-language file so the form on the DE page is in EN. Where do I get the de-DE-file?

Best,
SoHo
Found it:
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin-lan...lugin/849/

Best,
SoHo
Плагин нравится.
Huh Только один вопрос: не показывается картинка капчи, есть только маленькая иконка с надписью OpenCapcha, что здесь должна быть картинка.
Библиотека GD подключена.
Проверил в разных браузерах - тоже самое. В IE - вместо иконки и надписи - маленькая иконка перечеркнутый круг.
При нажатии кнопки ИЗМЕНИТЬ видно, что смена картинки производится, код картинки тоже изменяется, но сама картинка НЕ ПОКАЗЫВАЕТСЯ!!!
Прошу подсказать, в чем может быть причина!
СПАСИБО!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

http://www.opencaptcha.com/
Hi,
I am want to use google's recaptcha (I'm not a robot) with GetSimple-contact and access it from the back end. Has anyone done this? is there a .tpl?

thanks
I'm no Einstein, nor do I profess to be. Just saying what I would try in the circumstances.
(2016-08-02, 05:57:24)GeoHub01 Wrote: Dear cumbe,

thank you very much....

This isn't cumbe's contact form this another one. Cumbe's is here:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=884
Thanks so much for providing this plug-in. I am using it successfully with the re-CAPTCHA status enabled. When I registered my site to obtain public and private keys, I notice there is an option to use a new CAPTCHA method whereby users just click a box that says 'I'm not a robot' instead of having to enter numbers. Is this supported by GetSimple Contact? If so, how do I enable it? Thanks!
Yesterday I tested this great plugin in Chrome for the first time with Azure theme in my localhost environment.

I faced 3 issues (screenshot attached):
1. Fields are not shown in full, in the right side of the page. How to shorten the field size?
2. OpenCaptha doesn't load any image.
3. Refresh button should be short. How to?

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Opencaphcha project is closed.
And the properties of the fields are written in the css file of your theme.
(2017-04-28, 21:15:08)Oleg06 Wrote: Opencaphcha project is closed.
And the properties of the fields are written in the css file of your theme.

Thanks. Used ReCaptcha instead and working fine.

Checked the Theme CSS. Found no definition for Form elements, though.
I use godaddy linux hosting. After sending a message through this form, it shows "Your message was sent".

But I do not receive any email to Superadmin email or my site admin email. What I am I doing wrong here?

Btw my GS version is 3.3.13.
Hello,
I tried the plugin with my new installation of GetSimple on my localhost server but OpenCaptcha does not work. No captcha will be created. Now I read that the OpenCaptcha project was closed. Is this the cause for the disfunction? If is is so why you do not cancel this option?

Regards
Peter
Hello,

the last version of this plugin is from the year 2013. Is the plugin supported yet?
Привет всем. При отправке через SMTP (почта на Yandex) выскакивает "SMTP connect() failed." Host - smtp.yandex.ru. Порты пробовал и 25, 465, 587. SMTP идентификация естественно включена. Я так подозреваю, что т.к. с 2014 года яндекс перешел на SSl , то плагину как-то нужно сказать, чтобы он использовал ssl при авторизации на smtp.yandex.ru. Помогите, если тут еще кто-то есть)
Russian forum is here and I would recommend you this plugin.