Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ticket system (Plugin)
Hello @all,

anyone has an idea what kind of scripts i can use to implement a "customer" suppoet ticket system into get-simple CMS ?

I need one which dosn´t need a mySQL database that i can use it with the get simple system too. If possible like a plugin.

Hope anyone has a idea .

best regards,

Harald
Perhaps you can use Trouble Ticket Express:

http://www.troubleticketexpress.com

It seems that there is no more development, but the community is still alive.

Edi
Thanx Edi,

but i see the the most options of the script require that i purchase any addons. And it the system not longer under development it is not so easy to handle it.

But by the way is it possible to modify a existing helpdesk software with database to a non database driven system?

I have a script which we can use for testing (php instead of cgi).

Currently i don´t know what i must do to make a plugin out of the existing script (it was a script which no longer under development too but a good script in history.

Harald
In this case I would prefer a solution with MySQL instead of one with flat-files.

I think it's not so easy to develop something from scratch or rebuild a script using MySQL.

Sometimes it's better to use MySQL, sometimes not. Wink

Edi
Edi,

mySQL are okay but i like flat file systems too than it is easier for many solutions if
i havn´t any chance to make maintenance the page. Did you have any reference for
me that i can shown what i can do to switch from mySQL to flatfile / XML store format.

Than i can make a plugin for get simple

Harald
You might find this interesting:
The Matrix plugin
Documentation
basic feedback form example

It's probably possible to build something like you want with The Matrix plugin, but you have to find someone who can/will, or do it yourself.
Ive been working on a flat file (using xml for data storage) ticket system plugin (well actually was a separate project but converting into a GS plugin was started but is was held since it was a "working-on-it-in-my-free-time" type project)
So based on the same type project one day i might finish it.
Unfortunately the majority of open source ticket systems are built with MySql (couldnt find a good flat file one) however these offer really nice features (example: osTicket)
nice to hear this that you´re working on a plugin.

I know osTicket but i don´t have mySQL on the side who the project are customer running.
So i can´t use this......

As soon as i have news let me know.