Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Release 3.3.0 Beta
Download
Release Notes

SVN
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
There is also a feature branch for testing a fixed sidebar feature, it is not merged into 3.3.0 yet, but it can be if people like it and there are no issues with it, of course an option would be added also.

Test it out also if you want it in this release.
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...eature_643
Good stuff Shawn!
(2013-10-21, 01:02:31)shawn_a Wrote: There is also a feature branch for testing a fixed sidebar feature, it is not merged into 3.3.0 yet, but it can be if people like it and there are no issues with it, of course an option would be added also.

Works great!

Only issue I have found in a quick test is: with the SA Toolbar plugin the first sidebar menu link is not fully visible (all the sidebar menu goes a bit up when you scroll down. Don't know if I'm explaining well... check it)
Just installed and the first thing i checked is health-check.
Theres no word-break on the tables (on the hint class especially) and its breaking off the whole page for me because of the PHP disable_functions part.
I changed .hint in css.php to:
Code:
.hint {
    color: #777;
        -ms-word-break: break-all;
        word-break: break-all;
        /* Non standard for webkit */
        word-break: break-word;
        -webkit-hyphens: auto;
        -moz-hyphens: auto;
        -ms-hyphens: auto;
        hyphens: auto;
}

Without change:
[Image: Kijel_l_s_012.jpg]
With change:
[Image: Kijel_l_s_013.jpg]
get_available_pages() is broken, it doesn't return anything. It seems that $pagesArray is not always populated when it's called.

GS Blog and News Manager use that function in their settings pages (so, they don't work properly with this beta). Don't know about other plugins.

(Edit) If I insert getPagesXmlValues(); somewhere at the beginning of the function, it seems to work ok.
Issue: everything is in English even though you selected another language in settings.
both should be fixed now

I also added the b to the tag, i wont be bumping b versions, its just a pain in the ass.

I went ahead and just added getPagesXmlValues(); to caching_functions as soon as its included, this will all be refactored in the next version, in fact these commits that broke this were pulled in from master, so i guess its broken there too.

Thanks carlos, I hate when I manage to break things after I explicitly test them.
Fixed css, thanks Kolyok
Just a quick question regarding to i18n()

PHP Code:
function i18n($name$echo=true) {
    global 
$i18n;
    global 
$LANG;

if(!isset(
$i18n)) return; 

if (
array_key_exists($name$i18n)) {

$myVar $i18n[$name];
    } else {

# this messes with the global $i18n
        //include_once(GSLANGPATH . 'en_US.php');

if (array_key_exists($name$i18n)) {

$myVar $i18n[$name];
        } else {

$myVar '{'.$name.'}';
        }
    }

if (!
$echo) {
        return 
$myVar;
    } else {
        echo 
$myVar;
    }

Whats the matter with the double check of array_key_exists($name, $i18n) and unused global $LANG?
That could be:
PHP Code:
function i18n($name$echo=true) {
    global 
$i18n;

if(!isset(
$i18n)) return; 

if (
array_key_exists($name$i18n)) {

$myVar $i18n[$name];
    } else {

$myVar '{'.$name.'}';
    }

if (!
$echo) {
        return 
$myVar;
    } else {
        echo 
$myVar;
    }

Without including en_US.php theres no need for that right? (or im missing something?)
I have no idea.

FYI, I have updated my toolbar plugin in github, and the sidebar feature branch with some supporting stuff to handle css adjustments for anyone interested, fixes the sidebar and toolbar offset issue.

The sidebar feature has 1 bug I noticed, if there is a popup alert like undo or save success, it will not adjust for it, since it changes the sidebar top margin dynamically after the page loaded and there is no listener for that, should be fixable.
Don't know why but I can't install it.

Just getting an unable to open ".../data/pages/" message
English isn't my native language. Sorry for any mistakes you may find.
Fresh install or update?
What is the exact error and file name?

Is this problem specific to beta ?
It's a fresh install. I extract the files to xampp, try to run install and get the message instead the GS installation page. The exact message is "Unable to open C:\Users\Luigi\Downloads\xampp\htdocs\gs330/data/pages/"

Downloaded the feature branch and got the same message. I also tried a fresh install using GS3.2.3 and successfully installed.

Sorry for my english!
English isn't my native language. Sorry for any mistakes you may find.
Another info:
admin/backup-edit.php broken on line 159 (has an extra '}')

Edit: uploadify-upload.php seems to be broken too (not sure if its just mine) cause of login_cookie_check()

First thing is that it gives a 302 redirect:
Code:
SWF DEBUG: ReturnUploadStart(): File accepted by startUpload event and readied for upload.  Starting upload to /gs-3.3.0/admin/upload-uploadify.php for File ID: SWFUpload_0_0
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadProgress (OPEN): File ID: SWFUpload_0_0
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadProgress: File ID: SWFUpload_0_0. Bytes: 196148. Total: 196148
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadProgress: File ID: SWFUpload_0_0. Bytes: 196148. Total: 196148
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadError: HTTP ERROR : File ID: SWFUpload_0_0. HTTP Status: 302.
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadComplete : Upload cycle complete.
Then after comes the error:
Code:
SWF DEBUG: ReturnUploadStart(): File accepted by startUpload event and readied for upload.  Starting upload to /gs-3.3.0/admin/upload-uploadify.php for File ID: SWFUpload_0_1
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadProgress (OPEN): File ID: SWFUpload_0_1
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadProgress: File ID: SWFUpload_0_1. Bytes: 196148. Total: 196148
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadError : IO Error : File ID: SWFUpload_0_1. IO Error: Error #2038
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadComplete : Upload cycle complete.
Thanks guys you found some bugs, will be fixed soon.

My uploads work fine, I cannot reproduce that error.
also 302 is found error aka moved temporarily.

GS sends no 302s that I know of, perhaps this is a security issue on your host.
oh well redirects of course, sorry not enough coffee. Yeah I added the cookie check to a bunch of shit, of course uplaodify comes from flash with no cookie thats why we use session hash , I was trying to lock stuff down, probably too much. Thanks.

Which browser are you using, it must be browser specific or something, because mine works fine.
Edit: Using Firefox 25.0/Linux Mint 15 But lemme try other browser/system and ill report back.
Edit2: Tried Chrome latest stable (30.0.1599.114) also on Linux Mint 15 and this one works fine.

So its something related to firefox (however cookies are set even on firefox so its wierd).
Probably a higher security sandboxed thing, you can probably bypass it with flash security panel and adding your domain as trusted or maybe its a firefox settings, ill poke around also. but you can always disable the uploadify in gsconfig.
Looks like it might be also be a bug.

"There is one case where Flash Player does not send cookies, or may even send the wrong cookies. That is when you are using FileReference.upload(). This is a known Flash Player bug, although a very difficult one for Adobe to solve, because of NPAPI dependencies."

I might have to revert this then as it might not be resolvable. It might also be an issue with the check exists script as well.
XMLsave now doesn't save the file if there are no items in the xml.
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...c404b0441f
Before this, the xml file was saved with this content:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<channel/>

e.g. NM shows errors in backend when there are no posts, as it uses a xml cache file. I suppose I make a workaround for this, but other plugins may have similar issues, as this function has changed its behaviour.
Yes it might see empty simplexmlobjs as false. should be a quick fix.
Fixed empty page cache
Fixed language not set
Fixed health check word break
Fixed backup-edit
Fixed saving empty xml objs
Fixed uploadify uploading
(2013-10-23, 10:08:32)Luigi Wrote: It's a fresh install. I extract the files to xampp, try to run install and get the message instead the GS installation page. The exact message is "Unable to open C:\Users\Luigi\Downloads\xampp\htdocs\gs330/data/pages/"

Downloaded the feature branch and got the same message. I also tried a fresh install using GS3.2.3 and successfully installed.

Sorry for my english!

What is the url filename ?
update.php or install.php ?
(2013-10-24, 01:29:42)shawn_a Wrote: Probably a higher security sandboxed thing, you can probably bypass it with flash security panel and adding your domain as trusted or maybe its a firefox settings, ill poke around also. but you can always disable the uploadify in gsconfig.

I tested i on other systems/other browsers aswell and got the following results:
- Windows/Firefox 24.0+any version up (havent tried lower versions) gives same error
- Windows Latest Chrome release works
- Windows IE10 doesnt works at all (cant event get the select files for upload to work)
(Havent got time yet to test Safari/Opera)

Anyways for me its not an issue since i never use these kind of uploaders (mostly using direct ftp) unless the uploader is allowed upon Page/Post creating for quick access (but i still prefer to do via ftp ^^).

(2013-10-24, 03:28:04)shawn_a Wrote: Looks like it might be also be a bug.

"There is one case where Flash Player does not send cookies, or may even send the wrong cookies. That is when you are using FileReference.upload(). This is a known Flash Player bug, although a very difficult one for Adobe to solve, because of NPAPI dependencies."

I might have to revert this then as it might not be resolvable. It might also be an issue with the check exists script as well.

Ive read something similar to this and came to the same conclusion.
So after i removed the login_check() from upload-uploadify.php i tested all again and seems to work (no issues yet with the check exist script).