Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image Uploads
I am getting 500 internal server errors when I upload an image via the files tab, then try to go to the url that it gives me. Anyone else having problems like this?

http://derekslenk.com/data/uploads/ie7-error.JPG
------
I can't design for shit but I can code the shit out of your design
Nope. I just tested it on my test setup and it worked fine.
I get the same 500 error when I click on your link. Does the file actually exist?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Same here... my files upload fine - It's just getting them linked into the pages ;P
ccagle8 Wrote:Nope. I just tested it on my test setup and it worked fine.
I get the same 500 error when I click on your link. Does the file actually exist?

Yup, looking at them in my FTP viewer right now. Everyone has read permissions, and the .htaccess is Allow from all
------
It works if I post an image on a different website running on that server. Damn perms.
http://codingat3am.com/wp-content/upload...-error.JPG
------
When I removed the allows and denys in the .htaccess for data and for uploads, it then worked....trying to figure out why now
------
Hi,

I just started trying out GetSimple today. I am having an issue with file uploads (any type). Every file I try uploading, be it a MB or a few Kb, GS throws an "IO Error" on the file. I have set the data and upload folders both to 777 (permissions have to be 777 on data/* or GS won't work at all).
The documentation is sparse so I'm not really sure how to fix this rather huge piece of missing functionality.

Btw, I'm on a Linux-based shared hosting plan and GS is running in a subfolder named "/getsimple/". I have already dealt with the weird permission errors (setting folders to 777 so GS will work) and adding a modified htaccess file to the /getsimple folder so it will display FancyURLs correctly.

What's the next step in solving this file upload problem?
When you try to upload something, what does it say your upload limit is?
------
It shows the limit at 10MB (which is too low anyway, I want to use this for design-related articles where I'm going to post project files that will probably exceed 10MB).
aarlof - GS is pulling the upload limit from your server: <?php echo ini_get('upload_max_filesize'); ?>. The GS uploader has no limit.
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Yea, I assumed that, I was just saying.

However, changing the upload limit on the server doesn't fix the problem of not being able to even upload a 200Kb jpg.
Here's a screencap of the error that appears under the "Browse" button on the File Upload page
[Image: GS-IOerror-screencap.png]
It may once again be permissions based then. Whats the directory permissions of /data/ and /data/uploads/?
- Chris

/data/ and all folders within it are permission set to 777, including /data/uploads/, so it's probably not a permission error.