Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show a resume of latest posts on home
Is there a way to show a resume of the latest posted pages on the home with a link to read the full page? Without using the mini-blog plugin, something that links to a page of the site.

Anything that works would be great! Plugins, modules, scripts? I coudn't find anything like that on the forum and on google!

Thanks!

See the attachment image, it's just like a gallery of the latest pages with links to read the full post.
kist Wrote:Is there a way to show a resume of the latest posted pages on the home with a link to read the full page? Without using the mini-blog plugin, something that links to a page of the site.

Anything that works would be great! Plugins, modules, scripts? I coudn't find anything like that on the forum and on google!

Thanks!

See the attachment image, it's just like a gallery of the latest pages with links to read the full post.

I what format would you want the posts ? A List under each other showing the titles with dates and how far back must it be showing ?
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
dominionit Wrote:I what format would you want the posts ? A List under each other showing the titles with dates and how far back must it be showing ?

Yes, that would be awesome and it could be 5 to 10 pages.
But all i need is a script that reads the pages folder, get the title of each page (if it could get a little text of the page also would be great, but would do without it).

After it gets the titles and links to those pages, sort them by date and write the links to the home page.

At first i thought something like that:

Code:
<?php
      $dir = "data/pages/";
      $dh = opendir($dir);
      while (($file = readdir($dh)) !== false) {
      echo "<A HREF=\"$file\">$file</A><BR>\n";
      }
      closedir($dh);
      ?>

But is there some easier way, some get-simple built in script that does that?
Hi there. Dont think there is internally something that can be used. But we can add plugin that will scan the pages. Check there dates and make a list according to date. IF it is php 5.3.0 and higher we can use the strip_tags functions (if I remember correctly) to take just the text out of the xml and post it as a preview of the page. need to strip the tags incase you have div's in there that does not get closed if you cut them off and then your layout goes funny.

will look into this for you, wont be too hard , but I have to finish a project first and then Convert our Dominion jCart plugin for GS for muliti language, then I can look at this. wont be too long.

hope is okay.,

thanks ..
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Thank you very much! That would be great! I think much people would like it, something to catch the attention to someone that comes to front page and go to the latest stuff on site!

Thanks a lot man!