Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki Maintenance
How does that work? For example there's an it (Italian) section, but there isn't a button for it.
I think it needs proper namespaces
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I added sp and it
thanks
I already did it, there is a bunch of config options I asked about previously somewhere in here.
nope it was staff forum.

Some options I need opnions on.

Change interface language to match translated pages ?

Should the start page automatically redirect into a language namespace using browser language detection?

Copy original language text into the editor when starting a new translation?
(2015-01-23, 07:37:17)shawn_a Wrote: nope it was staff forum.

Some options I need opinions on.

1. Change interface language to match translated pages ?

2. Should the start page automatically redirect into a language namespace using browser language detection?

3. Copy original language text into the editor when starting a new translation?

2. I don't think so. If the translations were complete and up-to-date, it would be a good idea. Also, de and ru start pages have wrong namespaces.

3. I think that would be very handy
What is sp?
If it's for Spanish, it'd better be es
i guess so, i just added it blindly, changed to es
It seems impossible to upload files (images) to the wiki at the moment.
(2016-04-25, 19:58:26)datiswous Wrote: It seems impossible to upload files (images) to the wiki at the moment.

@Shawn are you going to do something about it?
Works for me, not sure why it says FAILED when selecting, but if you click done, it works fine.

Can you provide more details ?
It gave an error when I tried to upload a couple of days ago, now I see the image is actually uploaded.

Is there a way to delete previously uploaded files? I haven't found a way (yet).
The page http://get-simple.info/wiki/config:gsconfig doesn't give a good description about why these configs aren't in the main admin.
Unless I am mistaken, the instructions on this wiki page http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:chang...ord_salted don't work.

Specifically, in step 2, if you enable GSLOGINSALT and GSUSECUSTOMSALT like it says you can, then you will not be able to do step 3. Step 3 doesn't work if you've enabled GSUSECUSTOMSALT in step 2. I believe this is because you have changed the site cookie (something like that) so the site no longer considers you logged in.

You can't enable GSUSECUSTOMSALT until after step 3.

Also, minor issue, under "Get a salt" there is a formatting error in the wiki, I guess the 'code' tag isn't working there or something.
You have to disable it after you login
I don't get your meaning. It's already disabled before you login, the user is trying to enable it.

The wiki page says:
1. log in (while both kinds of salts are disabled (it's a default installation, so they are disabled))
2. edit gsconfig.php to enable both salts
3. change your password so it will generate a new token

But step 3 doesn't work, you can't change your password, I think because GSUSECUSTOMSALT has made it so the site no longer recognizes you as being logged in.

edit: I wasn't sure if just anyone could edit the wiki, and I didn't think it was my place to edit it anyway, since I am a complete beginner at GS and there was a big chance I had no idea what I was talking about and had simply missed something Smile
oh,
So you probably can only change
GSLOGINSALT, not both.

Wiki is probably wrong, not sure who wrote it.
updated thanks, the wiki can be changed by anyone BTW
The wiki doesn't have the general navigation from the site on top (I think it used to be there).

Suggestion: add a link somewhere (probably on top) to go back to main site.

A lot of people ask basic questions without checking the wiki first.

Suggestion 2: Change the top menu item Wiki into Documentation (not sure everyone still knows what a wiki is)