Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
500 Internal Server Error
sorry, i have tried already 3 times but always the same error :-(

i uploaded, file permission as requested, i got to the first window "GetSimple Installation" no problem ...

i moved to "Continue with Setup>>" ... insered the website name and email ... i got the email with the password ...

but always got the 500 Internal Server error:

"Internal Server Error.
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at postmaster@lifestyleandmore.it to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

where do you think is the problem?

many thanks indeed
(2013-10-31, 14:43:35)vdonatiello Wrote: ... but always got the 500 Internal Server error:

Almost certainly a file permissions problem. Check again that directories and files have permission set to 0755.

I guess you are with Aruba for your hosting? See their help pages about file permissions and how to correct permissions. (Links to their English pages, which I found easily with Google.)

Make sure that you have not changed this part of the gsconfig.php file:
Code:
# Set override CHMOD mode
#define('GSCHMOD', 0755);

I apologise in advance if you have already followed these suggestions! Please confirm that you are actually hosted with Aruba.

Edit to add: I see that you have Apache v2.4 – may be significant? I have no experience with this version.
--
Nick.
(2013-10-31, 16:44:28)hameau Wrote:
(2013-10-31, 14:43:35)vdonatiello Wrote: ... but always got the 500 Internal Server error:

Almost certainly a file permissions problem. Check again that directories and files have permission set to 0755.

I guess you are with Aruba for your hosting? See their help pages about file permissions and how to correct permissions. (Links to their English pages, which I found easily with Google.)

Make sure that you have not changed this part of the gsconfig.php file:
Code:
# Set override CHMOD mode
#define('GSCHMOD', 0755);

I apologise in advance if you have already followed these suggestions! Please confirm that you are actually hosted with Aruba.

Hello,

yes, i am hosted at Aruba!

i have checked within my FTP client and all the folders have permission 755

i have not opened nor touched the file "gsconfig.php"

thanks for your time
I believe this could be related to the 'order' directives but maybe you can post your error log so we can check it?
Also check this snippet from the Apache documentation:
(2013-10-31, 20:36:14)Kolyok Wrote: Since the 'order' directive is heavily used in GetSimple CMS you will need to:
1. Wait until (if) an official method will come from GetSimple or
2. Try to use Apache 2.2 or
3. Manually modify all the .htaccess files to fit the new directives (check below the documentation)

Note: Apache 2.4 normally should have the new module mod_access_compat for backwards compatibility, check your Apache 2.4 install if you have it.

From the Apache documentation:
In this example, all requests are denied.
Quote:Apache 2.2 configuration:
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Quote:Apache 2.4 configuration:
Require all denied

In this example, all requests are allowed.
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Require all granted

In the following example, all hosts in the example.org domain are allowed access; all other hosts are denied access.
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from example.org
Require host example.org

For more info see (since theres other changes in 2.4 aswell): Upgrading to 2.4 from 2.2 - Apache HTTP Server

A quick hack that should work would be (found on stackoverflow):
Quote:#Apache 2.2
<IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</IfModule>

#Apache 2.4
<IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
Require all denied
</IfModule>
Issue raised: https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/682

Edit to add: @vdonatiello – I suggest that you ask Aruba to enable mod_access_compat, which will solve your problem.
--
Nick.
(2013-10-31, 21:12:40)hameau Wrote: Issue raised: https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/682

Edit to add: @vdonatiello – I suggest that you ask Aruba to enable mod_access_compat, which will solve your problem.

My webserver Apache version: "Apache/2.4.6 (Unix) mod_fcgid/2.3.7"

may be this the cause of the problem?
(2013-11-03, 02:57:37)vdonatiello Wrote:
(2013-10-31, 21:12:40)hameau Wrote: Issue raised: https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/682

may be this the cause of the problem?

Can you show us your apache error.log?
(2013-11-03, 03:49:28)Kolyok Wrote: Can you show us your apache error.log?

my domain: www.lifestyleandmore.it
webdirectory where "GetSimple" is installed: www.lifestyleandmore.it/finetoilets/

here the error log:
Code:
[Mon Nov 04 06:45:55 2013] [alert] [client 95.141.47.194:18595] - www.lifestyleandmore.it - /web/htdocs/www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/finetoilets/.htaccess: Option Indexes not allowed here
[Mon Nov 04 06:45:35 2013] [alert] [client 95.141.47.194:18268] - www.lifestyleandmore.it - /web/htdocs/www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/finetoilets/.htaccess: Option Indexes not allowed here

many thanks
Sorry for making assumptions previously!
Code:
Option Indexes not allowed here
suggests that your host doesn't allow overriding Indexes in a .htaccess file. I expect that Indexes is turned off in the Apace configuration (but don't assume ;-) ). If that is the case, you can remove or comment Options -Indexes in the website root .htaccess file.
--
Nick.
unfortunatly there is no way I know of to wrap that to detect this scenario.
anyone ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-11-05, 01:12:08)shawn_a Wrote: unfortunatly there is no way I know of to wrap that to detect this scenario.
anyone ?

I don't think it's necessary to do anything more with GS config.

I do feel even more stupid now that I see that the Wiki has information about installing on Aruba hosting (comment the Index options in .htaccess). Ho hum.
--
Nick.
(2013-10-31, 20:38:20)Kolyok Wrote: [...]
(2013-10-31, 20:36:14)Kolyok Wrote: [...]
3. Manually modify all the .htaccess files to fit the new directives (check below the documentation)

Note: Apache 2.4 normally should have the new module mod_access_compat for backwards compatibility, check your Apache 2.4 install if you have it.
[...]

Hello,
this is the .htaccess file on my webserver:

Code:
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
Options -Indexes

# blocks direct access to the XML files - they hold all the data!
<Files ~ "\.xml$">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
        Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>

RewriteEngine on

# Usually it RewriteBase is just '/', but
# replace it with your subdirectory path
RewriteBase /finetoilets/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]

does it mean something to you?

many thanks

Vito
(2013-11-05, 01:43:46)hameau Wrote: I do feel even more stupid now that I see that the Wiki has information about installing on Aruba hosting (comment the Index options in .htaccess). Ho hum.

i am the most stupid ... can not find the aruba info on the wiki ... could you point it out

many thanks
he already said remove
Options -Indexes

Whats still the problem ?
Dear shawn_a, hameau, Kolyok,

it works fine ... it suppose to be simple but the small negleted detail in the .htaccess made me waste so much time and your time as well ... sorry for being superficial ...

thanks a lot for your help

thread solved and closed
Oh ok I thought that did not fix it.

Always check your holsters error log it usually shows the problem causing the error.
(2013-11-07, 00:09:27)vdonatiello Wrote: i am the most stupid ... can not find the aruba info on the wiki ... could you point it out

Not your fault – it was well hidden. I have made it more visible (but it was always there):
http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation...webhosters

At the bottom of the list.
--
Nick.
In order to make this thread useful to others and avoiding to repeat the same mistake i suggest to update the title of this thread ..... Maybe adding some keyword such .htaccess index Aruba webhosting
Would be that useful?
Is aruba a free web host ?
(2013-11-08, 01:03:32)shawn_a Wrote: Is aruba a free web host ?

I didn't mean advertise Aruba, just because I tought the problem I had was linked to the particular webserver configuration ...

(Aruba is one of the biggest Italian web hosting company, hosting Linux costs €20 per year)
Can't login to admin panel on Apache 2.4.6 - get 500 error.
GS v.3.2.3
Manual modifying of .htaccess files (order -> require) didn't help - error still appears.
Don't know what to do Sad