Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page listing
One thing that I can't seem to find is a way to automatically list sub-pages on a page.

For example, I have a section called ethnomusicology, and that has instruments, music styles, culture. These also have pages. In the past, using wordpress and drupal, I could just list all the articles on the top level page.

Is there a way to do that with GetSimpleCMS?

Thanks

BTW, the site I am trying to get off of WP is salsablanca.com
You might try I18N Special Pages plug-in, ...i think it may work for you!
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18...pages/319/
(2013-11-05, 10:48:38)eatons Wrote: You might try I18N Special Pages plug-in, ...i think it may work for you!
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18...pages/319/

Thanks, I will check it out.
Not sure how that works. I am looking for automatic building of a parent page based on child pages. An index if you want to think of it like that.
You can just loop the pages array for items with that parent.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-11-05, 11:49:15)tresero Wrote: Not sure how that works. I am looking for automatic building of a parent page based on child pages. An index if you want to think of it like that.

See here for how to do it with the I18N plugin.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
yeah i18n makes this stuff trivial for menus.

I got the impression the poster was wanting to load actual contents of sub pages.

I think getChildrenMulti() does this ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-11-06, 00:24:49)shawn_a Wrote: I got the impression the poster was wanting to load actual contents of sub pages.

In this case, a combination of I18N child pages and Custom Rendering using get_i18n_content($item->slug); should work.

Or use I18N Search with tags=_parent_slug and numWords=-1 to show all sub pages of page slug (replace with actual page slug).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Maybe this childList class will be of some use to you.