Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin hook within a plugin.
Would it be possible to add hooks to a plugin for say?

Example:
I created a recent activity plugin, I would like it to display all recent activity. Would it be possible for me to add this code and allow others to insert recent activities into my list?
Code:
<ul>
  <li>example activity</li>
  <?php exec_action(simple-recentactivity); ?>
</ul>

does this make sense?
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Did you test it? Because I think it will work exactly like that, well, if you but quotes around “simple-recentactivity”. As far as I know none of the hook names are hard coded so you can register function to any hook name and you can call an exec_action() on any name as well.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I havent tried this. Do you know if there is a hook within any of the menus? I would like to create a plugin for external links, but I can't insert the list into your plugin (unless you add a hook) and I can't insert it in the main menu, unless there is a hidden hook somewhere? (I have looked pretty good over all the code.)
JWH Technologies
No, there are no hooks in the menu. You saw right.

Neither are there in my menu plugin, though it might be something I should think about. Hmm…
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
There really should be a hook within the menu. (preferably within the <ul>tags</ul> that way we could insert <li>
with different things.

If chris is reading this, you should add one right after the first <ul> and then right before the last </ul>

I think it would be interesting to see what people would do if they new they could use hooks within there plugin.
JWH Technologies
The <ul> and </ul> are actually in your template, so hooks don’t make much of a difference there. I agree, it will be interesting to see people putting hooks in their plugins!
Lol, I just pulled the <ul> <li> crap out of my but.

You should see what you can do as far as creating hooks in your new menu plugin.
JWH Technologies
i think that should work OWS_Matthew - i see no reason why it wouldnt
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!