Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bootstrap3
(2014-01-21, 10:42:50)Ree Wrote: When you're adding/editing a page, expand the page options and tick the "Add this page to the menu" box. That will cause the page to be displayed in the navigation menu. Are you saying you've done that and it still isn't showing up?

that's right... neither "home" nor added pages show up in the nav bar, even when the "add to menu" box is ticked. is it possibly because i'm on GS3.0?

cheers!
.pltk.
(2013-11-14, 03:36:07)Kolyok Wrote: that's right... neither "home" nor added pages show up in the nav bar, even when the "add to menu" box is ticked. is it possibly because i'm on GS3.0?

It's possible -- I've only tested with 3.2.3 so I don't know if it's backwards compatible with older releases. If I have time later I'll try setting it up with a stock 3.0 install and see if I can duplicate the problem here, and if so, possibly fix.
Initially this was my new favorite theme (I use GS 3.3.0). But during testing I tried to rename a page (capital letter) and in odd way the change was not picked up. In the code I saw that there was a private function get_navigation_bootstrap() was written for the menu structure but I still prefer get_i18n_navigation() combined with the 'nav' component.
Great theme. Is there anyway to integrate the bootwatch API ( http://bootswatch.com/help ) so that future themes are available automatically?

Ade
awesome theme... it works perfect but pretty photo dont work...
i try to add copy this in header.php and put the js file in the right directory

Code:
<script src="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/js/jquery.prettyPhoto.js"></script>

dont work... who can help me?
(2014-02-10, 23:19:32)Rene Wrote: Initially this was my new favorite theme (I use GS 3.3.0). But during testing I tried to rename a page (capital letter) and in odd way the change was not picked up. In the code I saw that there was a private function get_navigation_bootstrap() was written for the menu structure but I still prefer get_i18n_navigation() combined with the 'nav' component.

Yeah other people have mentioned the i18n navigation, but I haven't had a chance to look at it. And actually, I'm in the process of creating my own custom CMS so I probably won't end up investigating the i18n stuff.

I really like get-simple, but the lack of a multi-site feature is a huge minus to me...I hacked multi-site in there, but it's probably going to be a pain to re-do it for each new release, so I figured I'd just write my own really stripped down CMS that only does what I need (and is .NET based, so I can host for free at work!).

The theme is up on GitHub if anyone wants to clone and continue working on it (for example to get it compatible with i18n navigation).

(2014-02-14, 07:51:52)apt Wrote: Great theme. Is there anyway to integrate the bootwatch API ( http://bootswatch.com/help ) so that future themes are available automatically?

Sorry for not responding to your email sooner. Since you posted here I'll reply here instead of by email. Anyway, I wasn't even aware the bootswatch people had an API! I guess in theory it could be done, the only issue may be the fact that bootstrap is a moving target, so if you try using a brand new bootswatch theme without the same version of bootstrap that it uses, it may not appear correctly. Personally I'd rather not use the API for that reason.

(2014-02-16, 02:28:22)lakaroth Wrote: awesome theme... it works perfect but pretty photo dont work...
i try to add copy this in header.php and put the js file in the right directory

Code:
<script src="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/js/jquery.prettyPhoto.js"></script>

dont work... who can help me?

jquery is loaded in footer.php, so probably you'll need to load jquery.prettyPhoto.js there as well, after jquery itself is loaded.
Thanks for the reply Ree.
In honor of Ree moving on - I've opened up an issue for discussion here:
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/768
Bootstrap3 is the best thing to happen to GS in a while. I love to be able to customize CSS and templates, but I am confounded by one change I can't seem to make.

See http://home.foolscap.us

I want to have all the links under the sidebar headings to line up with the same indent - actually if I could get Tags to lineup with Recent Posts and Archives, I'd be satisfied. There doesn't seem to be a margin or padding setting available when I Inspect with Firebug.

These tired eyes could really use some assistance. TIA
(2014-03-15, 00:33:50)snooze Wrote: I want to have all the links under the sidebar headings to line up with the same indent - actually if I could get Tags to lineup with Recent Posts and Archives, I'd be satisfied. There doesn't seem to be a margin or padding setting available when I Inspect with Firebug.

There is no margin or padding being set on the ul, which means the browser default is being used. In Firefox that looks to be padding-left: 40px;

If it were me I'd apply a margin-left: 0; padding-left: 40px; to the ul element (to ensure that the ul behaves the same way in all browsers, since they may not all use the same default as Firefox), then I'd also wrap the tags in a div with a padding-left: 40px;

Doing that should get things lining up for you.
Ree, your theme is amazing Wink I have only a qustion. On http://www.rickparrish.ca/news/ each post is decorated with a nice css. On our website ( http://orcc.sourceforge.net/news/ ) we don't have panel, panel-default and panel-heading classes defined on tags around news posts.

So it's not related to your theme but what news plugin do you use ?

I saw these class defined in bootstrap3 theme css files, but I don't know how to add it on div around our news posts.
(2014-05-08, 00:15:39)alorence Wrote: Ree, your theme is amazing Wink I have only a qustion. On http://www.rickparrish.ca/news/ each post is decorated with a nice css. On our website (http://orcc.sourceforge.net/news/) we don't have panel, panel-default and panel-heading classes defined on tags around news posts.

So it's not related to your theme but what news plugin do you use ?

I saw these class defined in bootstrap3 theme css files, but I don't know how to add it on div around our news posts.

Thanks, glad you like it (although it makes me feel a little guilty for not keeping it up to date!)

Anyway, I use the News Manager plugin, which I slightly modified (inc/site.php) to add the bootstrap classes you're seeing. There's probably a better way to do it that wouldn't break with each News Manager release, but since I haven't upgraded it since installing it, I haven't looked into it Smile
Hi,

sorry guys, I need a noob primer. I spent an hour+ trying to figure out how to install this Bootstrap 3 theme to either CMSimple or CMSimple_XH. Total fail, I'm more confused than before. Could you please explain or point me at an explanation for what a theme is in relation to a template in CMSimple and how to install/use these? (I read every piece of info I found - which wasn't much)

It says on the download page that the theme comes with 11 templates - where?

Sorry again, I'm only used to Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal etc. where this is all pretty straightforward - but I'm lost here ...

Thank you!

Regards, Ralf.
This is the GetSimple forum, not CMSimple.
see how confused I am? Sorry ...
I think it happened, because I googled for CMSimple Bootstrap 3, and GetSimple came up. So maybe I should use GetSimple instead. Checking.
Where I can change plugin settings?
Maybe I have to creat a new component and all seems to still work with this theme so that's great news
6 months later and I'm still lacking motivation to work on the .NET CMS I mentioned before, so I'm pretty much abandoning that idea and am going to stick with GetSimple for the foreseeable future.

So I've gone ahead and upgraded the theme to bootstrap 3.2.0 and added the new themes that have become available from bootswatch. I've also upgraded to a stock version of GetSimple 3.3.2, so that's the only version I've tested the theme with.

Now that I'm going to stick with GetSimple I'll probably look into trying out the i18n plugin that was mentioned a few times, to see if I can get the nested nav menu working with it.
I need help putting a carousel on the front page.

I can hard code the carousel on the page, but any ideas on how to manage the images/captions from the admin panel? Is there a plugin I can use?

Thanks in advance.

Mendex
Hi

I am using Bootstrap3 very successfully. I have a problem with my menus. I have nested menu like

Page 1
Page 2
Sub Page 1
Sub Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Sub Page 3

This works but I cannot go to Page 2 and Page 4 (top of submenus) via the menus.

How do I do this?

Chris

Chris Harris
Adelaide
Australia
(2014-12-04, 17:22:43)harrisc Wrote: I am using Bootstrap3 very successfully. I have a problem with my menus. I have nested menu like

Page 1
Page 2
Sub Page 1
Sub Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Sub Page 3

This works but I cannot go to Page 2 and Page 4 (top of submenus) via the menus.

How do I do this?

Bootstrap doesn't natively support that. There are various tricks/plugins that can be used, but I'm not sure that I've seen any that work perfectly on both desktop and mobile.
download and install add-ons http://www.smartmenus.org/
(2014-12-04, 17:22:43)harrisc Wrote: Hi

I am using Bootstrap3 very successfully. I have a problem with my menus. I have nested menu like

Page 1
Page 2
Sub Page 1
Sub Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Sub Page 3

How do I do this?

Chris

Chris Harris
Adelaide
Australia
(2014-12-05, 02:30:33)Ree Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 17:22:43)harrisc Wrote: I am using Bootstrap3 very successfully. I have a problem with my menus. I have nested menu like

Page 1
Page 2
Sub Page 1
Sub Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Sub Page 3

How do I do this?

Bootstrap doesn't natively support that. There are various tricks/plugins that can be used, but I'm not sure that I've seen any that work perfectly on both desktop and mobile.

so what are this tricks/plugins please? I am at the same point now having submenus and can not access the top menu of them. I you can tell me about the possibilities around I would like to try them out.
Just recently I wrote a simple Javascript to fix just this issue. It is not specifically for Bootstrap, but could easily be adapted. Just edit the paths in setHrefs().
It contains touch screen and big/small screen detection which is necessary, because otherwise you could never get to any of the sub pages on touch or small devices ...

It is not well documented, was just a quick fix I needed. I hope it helps anyway. Maybe somebody knows how to turn such a script into a plugin?

Attached Files
.zip   mainnav.zip (Size: 749 bytes / Downloads: 11)
I want to increase the size of the Website Name that is at the top of the page. The Website Name is entered on on settings page.

How can I increase the size of the Website Name?

Chris