Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security in GS vs. normal HTML sites
Hey GS's

Is there anybody opinion, about the security for get simple vs. normal Html sites.

I really like GS, it's wonderful easy, i have also in my mind to use GS for sites, where my customer don't want to maintain ther own site. Im thinking of using GS because it's so easy, also for me, that have to make the site.

My questions?
Is GS more secure for sites, than building them in normal HTML files. Or for sites where my customer don't want to edit the site, should i then go for Html only?

Sorry for my english, but in Danish.

Edberg
Nothing is more secure than 100% basic HTML, because just HTML means there are no server-side scripts running that could potentially open up holes.

As far as GetSimple security goes, we haven’t found any leaks as it stands now, so we’re on par with any other CMS I guess.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Okay, I just thinking of, i have customers that don't want to edit their own site. Should i then make it in HTML and edit the files when nessecarily?

I just like GS, and i just confused, i can see posibilitys for my customers, if they over time want to edit self.
It all depends on what you think is easier. If you don’t think you’ll lose time and the pages won’t need updating, by all means, go for plain HTML files. If you want them to be easily update-able, go for GetSimple. As long as you keep GetSimple on the latest version you shouldn’t have any real security issues either.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Okay Zegnåt

Thx again for your really helpfull tips.
kenneth659 Wrote:Security in GS is more secure then the normal HTML sites no dough.
Let me just repeat what I said before so people won’t get confused:
Zegnåt Wrote:Nothing is more secure than 100% basic HTML, because just HTML means there are no server-side scripts running that could potentially open up holes.
Kenneth, if you think GetSimple is more secure please tell us why. Running GetSimple means you have to run PHP on the server. Having PHP installed on the server just means others could also run scripts on your server.
http://secunia.com/advisories/39464/

All these issues is corected? Wink
Solution
Update to version 2.03.