Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linking php template...
Good evening, kindly, someone could be able to teach me as I connect the page (template.php) with other static pages of a site?
I followed the instructions here: "How to Convert a Static Page to a GetSimple Site" but then I can not connect, I only see php code ...grazzzie
A GetSimple site doesn't normally contain static html pages.

If you made a file template.php you put it in a named folder and upload the folder to the Themes folder of your GS Site, then activate the theme.
Thanks Timbow, but I'm a little bit confused, if I want to connect only one or two pages in GS, because only those pages I want to update sometime, how do I connect these pages to the site in php?
Others questions, I created a page in GS and I called "paul" but I can not find it in the Theme folder, where it is? Could you tell me what to upload in the site hierarchy? What I see in my local site? perhaps home.php?
(2014-01-07, 17:34:58)blu11 Wrote: Thanks Timbow, but I'm a little bit confused,
So am I
Quote:if I want to connect only one or two pages in GS, because only those pages I want to update sometime, how do I connect these pages to the site in php?
I have never done that, but I guess you could have an ordinary static site with GS installed in a sub folder and just put links to the GS pages in the site nav menu without using the GS menu. You cannot easily do it the other way (adding static pages to the GS menu).
Quote:Others questions, I created a page in GS and I called "paul" but I can not find it in the Theme folder, where it is? Could you tell me what to upload in the site hierarchy? What I see in my local site? perhaps home.php?
The page as such does not exist, it is generated dynamically by php when a page view is requested. Data from the xml files is inserted into the template.php and returned to a browser as html. So if you create a page called 'paul', make sure it has the slug 'paul', and the page content will be stored in paul.xml. Turn on 'fancy urls' and there will seem to be a page called paul.htm which you could link to in your local site by www.yoursite.com/folder/paul/
Is that what you wanted to do?
If you are using rewrite rules then you just create the php page, if a file exists it will not use GS slugs.
You can stick them in the root folder or use custom code to include them with templates and fake pages.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
For me it is very difficult to understand what you say, maybe it's easier to tell you what I would to do, and you explain me how ..... Google translator is great. So I have a static site ready and finished, I want to change only one or two pages to make them editable with GS, how can I do?
I do not understand how to set up folders within the site. Maybe I should have two types of menus? one static and other dynamic? How they can work together? I apologize for my ignorance but I do not know exactly how it works..
(2014-01-08, 00:28:07)blu11 Wrote: ...So I have a static site ready and finished, I want to change only one or two pages to make them editable with GS, how can I do?

Frankly, although it is possible I do not think GetSimple is well suited to doing this. I don't know what you want to edit but I would advise either

1 Convert your entire site to a GetSimple site and include all your pages in the one system.

or 2 Install an inline html editor to alter the bits of your existing pages you want editable.

But if you want to try it go ahead, I am sure you will get help here.
(2014-01-08, 00:28:07)blu11 Wrote: So I have a static site ready and finished, I want to change only one or two pages to make them editable with GS, how can I do?

You make a website layout (html) + styling (css) and convert this to a theme to use in GetSimple. Then you make the 2 pages in GetSimple. Off course you can just copy the content over from the static pages you made earlyer.

Basicly you would have 2 sites. One static with links in the menu to the 2 Getsimple-pages. The other is the GetSimple site with the same theme and a menu which contains both internal and external (to the static pages) links. Since the default menu manager can only link to internal pages, you can for example use this plugin: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=5094

Maybe you can give some information on why you want this configuration. It doesn't make it simpler to maintain.

Quote:I do not understand how to set up folders within the site.
Folders are only used inside GetSimple admin when organizing files (not pages), like images, pdf's, etc. If you want to make folders for your static pages, you have to do that with a ftp client, but it shouldn't interfere with GetSimple folder structure.
Thanks a lot, that seems like a good solution even if it is not easy for me to understand everything perfectly. Maybe I cannot ask this question here in this forum, but somebody knows CKeditor? It seems to look like a simple CMS? But what be the difference between GS and CK?
(2014-01-09, 20:02:56)blu11 Wrote: Maybe I cannot ask this question here in this forum, but somebody knows CKeditor? It seems to look like a simple CMS? But what be the difference between GS and CK?

CkEditor is a wysiwyg html-editor. GetSimple is a cms. You can do a lot more with a cms than editing pages. GetSimple uses Ckeditor for editing it's pages.