Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems in modifying index page & creating new pages with content
I have installed the GetSimple successfully and I have installed it under a subfolder of a working site, that is different from GetSimple. The working site is not using any CMS. I am testing this out to see whether GetSimple can be used for clients. When I try to create any page for site using GetSimple, it just seems to take the home page template of the working site under, which I have installed the GetSimple, even though I am using the "Default Simple" theme and have given a new name to the Slug/Menu... Do you have any idea what is happening? I tried it in both IE/Mozilla, but I have the same problem...

The same problem existed for the 'Home' Page too! It just seems to be taking the template of the Home Page of the working site! The changes does not seem to take effect! I had to rename the menu text to "MJ's Home". 'Home' doesn't seem to work. But I tried the same workaround for other new pages, but it doesn't seem to work!
Mj, try turning off pretty urls in the settings tab. This may be due to how quickly your server refreahes it's htaccess file.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
try the settings page and check the URL is correct.
It will have a suggested setting if it thinks its incorrect.

m
My Github Repos: Github
I have changed what 'ccagle8' advised and that seems to work, except the fact that all the page urls' seems to be such as below:

...../GetSimple/index.php?id=index for the 'Home Page'
..../GetSimple/index.php?id=aboutus for the "About" Page
MJ - correct. If your server cannot support mod_rewrite, then Pretty URLS will not work. If that option is turned off within the Settings tab then that is what the URLs will look like.

Check to see if you have a .htaccess file in the root of the GetSimple installation. If you do, then the next thing to check would be if you have it installed into a subdirectory. i.e http://www.mysite.com/subdirectory. If you do, please change that .htaccess file to match what is shown here: http://groups.google.com/group/get-simpl...13190bfc8c
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!