Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article Teaser
Hello

I'm testing GetSimple and hoping to figure out how to get teasers to the front page.
I've enabled
# WYSIWYG toolbars (advanced or basic)

define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');
in the gsconfig.php file, but there seems to be no menu option for teasers.

Is there supposed to be a article-teaser option? Do I have to set up a specific front-page other than the default one?
Are there configuration options for the WYSIWYG editor other than the gsconfig.php file?

Thanks

PS. To the devs: Good idea for uncomplicated CMS. I think a lot of people have been looking for this sort of thing.
What are you referring to when you say 'article-teaser' I have to say I have been designing and programming for over 5 years and I don't believe I have ever heard of this?
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
I don't think this currently exists... you could create a simple plugin to do this for you.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
internet54 Wrote:you could create a simple plugin to do this for you
… or use Mike’s CustomFields plugin to add a new field for a teaser to the editing page.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
internet54 Wrote:you could create a simple plugin to do this for you.

the get_header already has a similar feature for the meta description

Code:
$description = trim(mb_substr(strip_tags(stripslashes(htmlspecialchars_decode(@$content, ENT_QUOTES))), 0, 160));

all it takes is turn it into a function with the proper variables