Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Files Tab
Files Tab in the wiki is due for rewriting. There is no explanation of jcrop, - what it does and how you use it and in the time I have used GS I have never worked out how to use it myself. Can anyone tell me? There is stuff on the page about a bug - is it still buggy?

Also the Max File Size on the uploads. Where does that figure come from?

And thumbnails are auto generated. What triggers that?
I always use jcrop. Never had an issue with it.

You just crop the image and click create thumbnail. There is not any thing to work out or do.

max file size is a php ini settings, there is more technical details in the forum.

uploading files generates standard thumbnails, 200x200 ( based on gsconfig )
image.php also generates them if they are missing , which handles ftp uploads.
There is a known issue with thumbnails not updating if re uploaded.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-12-16, 01:32:06)shawn_a Wrote: I always use jcrop. Never had an issue with it.

You just crop the image and click create thumbnail. There is not any thing to work out or do.

max file size is a php ini settings, there is more technical details in the forum.

uploading files generates standard thumbnails, 200x200 ( based on gsconfig )
image.php also generates them if they are missing , which handles ftp uploads.
There is a known issue with thumbnails not updating if re uploaded.

Thanks Shawn, I am clicking through the commands trying to make sure I know how the Files Tab works but I can't reliably get to the screen where I see the cross-hairs on the image to make a thumbnail. this is 3.2.3 on Wampserver under Win XP . Is this just me?

When I make a thumbnail with jcrop it has the resolution of the original image, so not constrained to 200px - presume that is as it should be?

will see if I can upload a screenshot later. but got to go now
What do you mean reliably? Does it not always show up?
If you click on any image it shows the image page and has links at the top for the current image and thumbnail.

It should be 200 px, if you goto the bottom and manually crop it with the handles and click create thumbnail it creates a user sized thumbnail. You can click on the thumbnail at top and see it.
Quote:When I make a thumbnail with jcrop it has the resolution of the original image, so not constrained to 200px - presume that is as it should be?

Thumb-size can be smaller or larger than 200x200 px. Basicly it's just a crop (in my experience). Would be nice off course if it's possible to set thumb size.
Yeah you can set thumb size in gsconfig.
I already have a feature for crop and resizing for thumb creation. Crop only does not seem to be fairly useful for thumbs, but I use it a lot for preview images and stuff.

https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/583
Thumbnails
(2013-12-16, 05:43:01)shawn_a Wrote: Yeah you can set thumb size in gsconfig.
I already have a feature for crop and resizing for thumb creation. Crop only does not seem to be fairly useful for thumbs, but I use it a lot for preview images and stuff.

https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/583
Thumbnails

I forgot about that. Has to be set in wiki as well.
I never really used this because I couldn't see what it did, but this is what I get.

Sometimes, and I think always on the first time I click the image name in upload.php I get this, I can marquee select and make a thumbnail, although the size is whatever it is, it isn't resized to 200.

But if I leave that screen I can't get it again, instead I get this, no cross hairs no jcrop and full size image

afaik this is how the files tab has always been for me. There was no page in the wiki to tell me otherwise.
Hmm I guess images are enormous and breaks something.
Give me some specs so I can fix
Nm screenshots have them.
Same with a small image here. This is why I didn't know anything was missing, I can create a thumbnail, but no crosshairs and no jcrop. Otherwise fine.

Also showing the new and fluid backend I made for myself and am testing.
There are no crosshairs, you have to draw the crop.
Oh on hover ?

What browser, I think the size issue is a race condition, mine barely ever does it, but now and then it will.
(2013-12-16, 08:57:06)shawn_a Wrote: There are no crosshairs, you have to draw the crop.

What browser, I think the size issue is a race condition, mine barely ever does it, but now and then it will.

Using Chrome. You are right it is a chrome thing. Tried Opera and IE and jcrop works fine. Good call.

I think I know how it works at its best now. I will write the wiki page. Thanks mate.
Yeah problem with race conditions is as soon as you try to debug them, everything slows down and the issue dissapears, I will look into the code though or see if there is a jcrop bug.

Aside form that i have no problem cropping in chrome, if you have other issues check your console
F12 and look for js errors.
Using Chrome in Win7:
If I upload photo's there are automatically created 2 thumb-files of different sizes in /data/thumbs. Names: thumbnail.name and thumbsm.name . The width of the auto-generated thumbnail.name -files have the width specified in the gsconfig file.

Where are the small thumbs being used?

If I create new thumbs (with jcrop) they are not 200px width, but the size specified in the Image Control Panel, although the actual thumb-image you can preview is still the old thumb, at least at that moment... (cache issue?) confusing behavior.

Indeed, in Firefox it works fine, mostly.

I was kind of expecting it would take the 200px width as a thumb size when making the crop.
I checked and you are right (of course)I have the same, two thumbnails one 65 wide and one 413 from the jcrop. I presume the small one is used in upload.php when you choose Show all Images from the drop-down. I had never noticed it before. It doesn't show when you choose Browse Server in the Image Properties in the Editor.

I don't have any time to do the wiki page this week. When the holiday starts maybe.
yes timbow is correct, those are used internally.

manually created thumbs have nothing to do with the thumbsize, unfortunatly cropping only crops the original, no ability to resize or crop the actual autothumb, nor constrain custom thumb crop to thumbsize.
Wiki Page Files Tab rewritten with new images.

Feel free to edit. I have not covered uploadify for instance.