Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installed but will not open install.php
Hello, I followed the setup per the install instructions. I am using a VPS I created on Digital Ocean. All is well until I attempt to navigate to the install (install.php). I am using chrome and it gives me the Server Error, error code 500. I did a chmod 755 to all dirs and a 644 for all files. Any ideas as to why it is not working?
check your htaccess file, it is probably incompatible with your host.
namely options -indexes

what apache version ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Version 2.2.15
I read where people said to comment out the options -indexes. I did that in the main dir and it still does not work. Is that the only location to do so? Also, the gsconfig is currently named temp.gsconfig and the .htaccess is temp.htaccess. I have worked with Get-Simple before in my previous job and have seen that some times. Is that the way it is suppose to be until the installation?
check your hosts error log, it usually tells you what causes a 500
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I messed with it enough to get it to install. Renamed the temp.gsconfig and temp.htaccess. That allowed me to get load a page full of errors. Warning: mkdir(): Permission Denied. I had to chmod the data and backup folders from 755 to 777. Then it was giving me errors about time zone. I defined in gsconfig and now its rolling along. Thx for the assistance. I am sure I will me seeking you and the rest of the Jedi Council sooner rather than later.