Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.4.0 wish list
good news, Most of that is already on the roadmap, but definitely not 3.4
Have you tried using ckeditor templates to insert your stuff? Or a shortcode plugin ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
yup... i'm testing this plugin (short code) it's working.. i mean something about that...
ckeditor templates i'm not testing..
i'm think something to be eaiser what is now (gallery placeholders)
example one clik input from gallery list.
user plugin: scroll to top
xxdex - your design is really good. The basic restyling of the back end is not difficult. Have you already done it? Would you do it? I had myself made a re-styled back end with some fluid widths, new colours and new fonts making it more modern but yours is much better.

Myself I think the design aspects of GS do need improving - front end and back end. This is a designers' tool and it should look good. It's also good for marketing to have a new look.
(2014-03-27, 18:42:36)Timbow Wrote: xxdex - your design is really good. The basic restyling of the back end is not difficult. Have you already done it? Would you do it? I had myself made a re-styled back end with some fluid widths, new colours and new fonts making it more modern but yours is much better.

Myself I think the design aspects of GS do need improving - front end and back end. This is a designers' tool and it should look good. It's also good for marketing to have a new look.
i can give You a psd work's file's if You want.
You can programming it and share it to the community
give a mail (private message) and i will send u a file's Wink
First of all, thanks for making this cms which I totally love due to its lightweight and no need for sql.

And secondly, sorry if its already mentioned or if I have missed something but what I would request is the ability to upload images while editing a new/existing page.
Right now you need to go to the files tab and upload pictures before you start your new page (or edit existing page)

Seems more logical to be able to just add the images as you write your page "on-the-fly" instead of adding them before/afterwards in the files tab.

An option perhaps could be to include the code from the files tab page and put it below the "save changes" button on the "edit page" page?
(2014-04-20, 08:43:08)deebee Wrote: ..what I would request is the ability to upload images while editing a new/existing page.

An option perhaps could be to include the code from the files tab page and put it below the "save changes" button on the "edit page" page?

This feature request has been done many times (I think) and probably will be implemented at some point.

From what I have seen from the 3.4.0b developer version, GS will have a tab interface in the edit screen. I think this is a nice place to implement a Files-tab (see attachment). Nice would be to have an add-file-to-page-button so selected file will be added to cursors position in page edit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I was going to ask this, I actually have implemented this on 3 occasions and there have been bugs preventing some implementations.

Should this be in ckeditor upload tab in links and image dialogs?
Or just replace file browser that pops up with the files page?
Or a seperate upload location per page.
(2014-04-21, 09:17:50)shawn_a Wrote: Should this be in ckeditor upload tab in links and image dialogs?
Or just replace file browser that pops up with the files page?
Or a seperate upload location per page.

Just my opinion, of course, but I would avoid tying it too closely with ckeditor, just in case CKE changes in a future version (or something better comes along ... ;-) ).

Any upload feature should be able to place uploaded files anywhere in the uploads directory, even if the default location is page-specific. (Similarly, any uploaded files should be accessible from the CKE file browser, for use/reuse on any page.)

@deebee: You can open more than one browser tab in the GS admin area – keep a tab open on the Files page and you can upload at any time while writing or editing page content just by changing tab.
--
Nick.
I am considering going with filebrowser modification, if requires no cke fiddling, and lets you upload and pick in the same windows you select from, so less clicks also. Also the same code applies to both image and link selectors, I am curious why this was not always done to begin with though.
(2014-04-21, 23:27:34)shawn_a Wrote: I am considering going with filebrowser modification..

You mean the window that opens when you click on browse, after clicking on the image/link button in ckeditor? I think that to be the best way indeed.
when the 3.4.0 see the light of day?.. awesome is options: content, options, meta... ..
unfortunately it does not work with i18n menu... style css is working not correct..
and i dont see any multi menus option..it's a beta... but this have a pottential..

i',m excited like a student who passed the exam best of classSmile
like.. murdok from movie "the a-team" when he blow up a some buildings Smile
like.. ... user of get simple who see a VERY MANY new opportunities Smile
It's not a beta , it's not even alpha , it's development.

I barely got any feedback on the current beta so I cannot even guess at a timeline.
If you are interested in testing or quality assurance testing future future stuff or features, goto
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=5419
and post specifics there , but keep in mind if its not a beta or is master branch it is development, contains experimental features, may break, features may change and or be incomplete. But feedback is useful when things break completely and lets us catch stuff more frequently after features are merged, its a pain to constantly qa every major change myself.
why the file browser can't have a button like:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4998...loader.jpg
?
this should be a copy uplad script from file manager
Suggestion to improve default CKEditor

CKEditor is installed by default with:

1. the browser's native spell checker disabled. This confuses users.

2. the browser's native context menu disabled and replaced. Again, this confuses users.

3. a small edit window which can make it difficult to edit pages so we should provide the 'maximize' option on the toolbar.

The following code in gsconfig.php fixes these problems:

Code:
# WYSIWYG Editor Options
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS',
    "
    disableNativeSpellChecker : false,
    removePlugins : 'liststyle,tabletools,scayt,menubutton,contextmenu',
    toolbar_advanced : [['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Table', 'TextColor', 'BGColor', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'RemoveFormat', 'Source', 'Maximize'],'/',['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize']]
    ");

I'd like to recommend this as default for 3.4.

P.S. To make the above code work you will need to uncomment 'define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');' in gsconfig.php.
I definitely don't agree with Divita .. default settings are confusing maybe for you, but not for mayority Wink

these "tricks" can be documented in wiki, but not set as default behaviour of CKeditor
(2014-06-19, 02:54:06)morvy Wrote: default settings are confusing maybe for you, but not for mayority

You're not getting it. It's not confusing to me, it's confusing to the *average* user. And try to understand that not everyone is *you*.

So, the default settings are confusing for the majority of non-technical users. Their browser no longer works as it does on 99.9999% of websites. That is very poor UXD, and it needs to be fixed. You can change it back if you don't like what everyone else understands and is used to.
Its ckeditor and a wsiwyg editor, its not a textarea, why would anyone expect it to act like the browser ?

context is useful for selecting options of a element or which to edit like anchor images.
disabling native spell correct, never knew about this one. Worth a look.
3.4 has fullscreen button

Also anyone can modify this stuff easily, nor has anyone ever brought them up before.

What is the purpose of the rest you removed via removePlugins ?
user should have "Word" experience, not "Browser" experience. I've turned menu off and was totally confused. How do you want to edit tables, edit image properties etc? All of this stuff is in that CK right click menu ...
(2014-06-19, 07:12:12)shawn_a Wrote: Its ckeditor and a wsiwyg editor, its not a textarea, why would anyone expect it to act like the browser ?

It is a textarea to non-tech users - e.g. the last two sites I built and handed over, both asking why their spell check and context menu were "broken".

Quote:context is useful for selecting options of a element or which to edit like anchor images.

Fair point. The loss of browser functionality is outweighed by the edit functions of CKE, so I retract that recommendation. Smile

Quote:disabling native spell correct, never knew about this one. Worth a look.

I still strongly recommend switching that off by default. The user expects their browser spellchecker to work, with custom words they might have added to their dictionary.

Quote:3.4 has fullscreen button

Cool.

Quote:Also anyone can modify this stuff easily,

Easy for someone who wants to wade through GS + CKE documentation and knows how to edit code and use FTP. I made the suggestion to help the majority of non-tech users, not developers.

Quote:What is the purpose of the rest you removed via removePlugins ?

liststyle - http://ckeditor.com/addon/liststyle

tabletools - http://ckeditor.com/addon/tabletools

scayt - http://ckeditor.com/addon/scayt

menubutton - http://ckeditor.com/addon/menubutton

contextmenu - http://ckeditor.com/addon/contextmenu

Thanks for the reply.
I still don't understand, what are PROS for disabling context menu ???
Why did you remove those, can you explain why you removed each one, I am curious.

I wonder if spell check is disabled has something to do with it browsers inserting html into the dom and affecting the actual source generated, or trying to spell correct source. Ill have to look it up.

The pros are yo have browser contexts, like translation, spellcheck, custom pastes. etc.
@Shawn, I concede the point - the CKE context menu is useful for the majority of users.

Re. spell checker - CKE is disabling the browser spell checker and enabling its own by default. I can't see a good reason to do that, and plenty of reasons why it's a bad idea - mainly that it will confuse users because they expect to see the browser spell checker. Here's the code to achieve that:

Code:
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS',
    "
    disableNativeSpellChecker : false,
    removePlugins : 'scayt'
    ");
I mean a technical reason.
Quote:The Native Spell Checker

Native spell check functionality is by default disabled in the editor, use disableNativeSpellChecker to enable it:

config.disableNativeSpellChecker = false;
You should be able to see the spelling underline in content after reloading the editor.

Note: If the context menu plugin is enabled, its necessary to hold the CTRL key when right-clicking misspelled words to see their suggestions.

Note: The spell check is not generically available for all browsers.

CTRL click brings up the original context menu. Good to know.
Sounds like it is more for compatibility with the context menu, since it wont show suggestions.
So the 2 are kind of related.

you would think they would be smart enough to know your right clicking on a suggestion and use the browser context somehow.

regardless I have used scayt and it sucks.

EDIT: it is impossible to get access to the browsers spell hinting, so there is no way to interface with it. I tried.