Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.4.0 wish list
I guess it could be nice if you can add some config file in the GS folder before start of install, so during install info is extracted from that file and automatically used, so that you don't have to provide everything for every separate install. Don't know if that's what he/she means.
Yeah that is totally do able. But again im not sure , feel free to elaborate so i can add it to the install refactor issue on github
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Smile 
Hello,

Just apart, it would be great if GS could be inside Softaculous soft list with language choices.

Just like other great cms.

Thanks again Shawn for working on GS like you do !
Please start adding a working template_functions.php to /admin/inc of future versions, since it is wrong since 2014 and seems nobody added it to new versions:

http://get-simple.info/forums/archive/in...160-2.html

Today the attached file seems to be right, see
https://support.google.com/webmasters/an...3669?hl=en ("Resubmit your sitemap")
and
https://www.bing.com/webmaster/help/how-...s-82a15bd4 ("Pinging Bing Using a HTTP request")

Thank you very much.
Hypertexter

Attached Files
.php   template_functions_2016.php (Size: 34.1 KB / Downloads: 10)
Hi Shawn, hope you're doing fine.

To answer your post http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...9#pid50119

This is definitively the best UX to join menu manager + pages overview.
(fully draggable or arrow-driven indentation)

What have you finally decided about page+menu management,
Will they be joined as one ?

Respects for maintaining this great CMS.
Hello Shawn, i wish you a very good year, health and so on.

I have 2 questions :

- Do you plan to add "file move" in the native file manager ?

- When does the 3.4 comes out ?

Cheers
There is one feature holding it up and I am about to defer it and get 3.4 released.. well available for alpha qa at least

Umm not any plans but a plugin can do this fairly easy ill add some per item hooks at least to make it easier
(2017-01-13, 22:45:02)shawn_a Wrote: There is one feature holding it up and I am about to defer it and get 3.4 released.. well available for alpha qa at least

What feature, Shawn?
Multi level menus
(2017-01-14, 09:46:51)shawn_a Wrote: Multi level menus

I tested latest branch  feature_276_menumanager and I like how you implement it. Very handy to have this out of the box.
It still needs a lot of work, and i am not entirely happy with the engineering still. It is not stable enough.
I might still use the feature but it will be a less optimized version and i will either rip out my code or disable it.

I am trying to make it backward compatible and support thousands of pages which is proving to be problem.
I am also trying to not create a new UI for it yet. And continue to allow inline menu manipulation in pages ( just so easy to add a page and add to menu right there )

And i am not entirely sold on the direction i chose although it is very flexible. Not sure if recursive trees was a smart idea, one dimensional operations are easier to manage and not much slower.
(2017-01-13, 22:45:02)shawn_a Wrote: There is one feature holding it up and I am about to defer it and get 3.4 released.. well available for alpha qa at least

Umm not any plans but a plugin can do this fairly easy ill add some per item hooks at least to make it easier

GREAT,

Can you give a delay for the 3.4 Stable release ?
This is for me important to schedule my update.

Regards
i cannot, alpha and beta cycles are not predictable and considering this has been in dev since 2014... it is already way behind schedule.

I can say that is is already fairly stable, since i have been qa it for a while now and addresses bugs myself, and other users have been as well even if its not official alpha yet.

I do not really have any time allocated for this these days, but i have to find some time, i want this released by summer.

I was also hoping to have some new theme and plugin features but i have not gotten enough input from the community on this, i also want a new theme.
(2017-01-15, 04:09:11)shawn_a Wrote: i cannot, alpha and beta cycles are not predictable and considering this has been in dev since 2014... it is already way behind schedule.

I can say that is is already fairly stable, since i have been qa it for a while now and addresses bugs myself, and other users have been as well even if its not official alpha yet.

I do not really have any time allocated for this these days, but i have to find some time, i want this released by summer.

I was also hoping to have some new theme and plugin features but i have not gotten enough input from the community on this, i also want a new theme.

I understand, i don't get exactly why there is not more php developpers interested in maintaining GS with you, this would go faster and would be more confortable. Do you have an idea ? I don't have these skills, but i could contribute for the theme. Do you speak about backoffice layout also ? or only the theme ?
Because its old and not using fancy new oop php

Convert to nodejs and there would be ton
(2017-01-20, 06:26:29)shawn_a Wrote: Because its old and not using fancy new oop php

Convert to jodejs and here will be ton

right now i'm working at flexible framework, kinda basic.
I really love GS and i think it has to grow...
Convert GetSimple to NODEJS, is that what you are working on btw ?
Fuck no, it was a joke, trendy frameworks get all the attention, thats how oss seems to work these days rememebr ruby.
I would say remove the menu-feature for now. Then add it later, in GS 3.4.1 or something. Taking small steps seems better than doing everything in one big release.

If a plugin developer is reading this : A really neat usability would be to simplify user life with direct drag and drop into the page. see this page http://sdk.ckeditor.com/samples/fileupload.html
Hello SHAWN, as member Datiswous suggests, will you do this ?

(small steps), and when ?

what's up? thx...
Polishing now
@shawn_a: Can you give a bit of guidance on testing 3.4 master, please?

Should we report problems here first, or directly to GitHub? Are there any parts that you know have problems, so as to avoid a lot of unnecessary noise?

I realise that 3.4 is not yet alpha, but if we can get a start, perhaps that will save time later.
--
Nick.
use github, create new issues, put DEV in title.

also reply to this thread
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=4475

I will probably open up the QA forum section, or add members to it.
Hope this is the right place to post this but I'd like to see a way of forcing the date into posts in the page options just like the News Manager Updated has.
(2017-03-12, 23:35:35)joyofweaving.com Wrote: Hope this is the right place to post this but I'd like to see a way of forcing the date into posts in the page options just like the News Manager Updated has.

There is a good plugin http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/edi...show/1045/