Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin Site Requests
Hey,

I am creating the non-official plugins website.
This website will work the same as others do that show off all available plugins under specific categories.
I think this is the best way to keep everything under one roof and not scattered everywhere. This doesn't mean that you can't have the files somewhere else, but I think it's appropriate to offer GS users one site to goto that will show off all available plugins, and then allow download, install instructions, comments, or plugin homepage redirects.

Would would you like on this site?
What functionality would you like to see?
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
As I'm developing plugins for installing, upgrading browsing the plugins, themes etc. lets work together on this.

currently im using a svn as repro...maybe it would make sense that you store the files in svn as well..to keep current and past versions of files in there.
This could be possible, but SVN is too difficult to grasp for most developers on here.
It would be just as easy for a dev to zip up a folder and upload it.
Then keep the revisions stored on the server for available download as well.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
I would be very happy to assist you in the administration aspect of this. With that said I have Many good ideas in my eyes anyway..

1. Register system and login system. (force everyone to login to download.)
2. Administration system to manage users, and anything else that is envolved with the site.
3. Monitoring system for every aspect of the site.
4. Only allow approved member upload plugins and themes. (not just registered users)
5. Some way for developers to send notification to everyone who downloads there plugin.

I can come up with more ideas if need be. Like I said I would absolutely love to help you in any way in the administration of this site.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
I would still make it in SVN.

Wordpress Extend is using SVN as well.

I would suggest sticking to established standards...going down the wordpress route seems a good idea.

We can provide a simple Interface for uploading a package onto SVN...
Hello,

Have you make the site for plugins that you talk about?