Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show last tweets plugin
As I wrote.

When I create a link on Twitter (e.g. mysite.com) your plugin shows this error messages:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in lasttweet_functions.php on line 184

it is connected with the site http://www.longurlplease.com/
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts
@twodogwalker:
Any news on the rewrite of the plugin? It used to work brilliantly until twitter updates to 1.1 I guess. Would be nice to be able to start using it again soon.
D.O.
Had another look at the error message: I guess curl isn't installed at your webserver, thats the reason why I could not reproduce your issue. I surrounded these call with a try/catch, giving the short url if curl is not available. See v1.2 in the other reply in this thread.
Please test and revert back if it is working or not.

Frank

(2013-06-04, 06:01:13)D.O. Wrote: As I wrote.

When I create a link on Twitter (e.g. mysite.com) your plugin shows this error messages:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in lasttweet_functions.php on line 184

it is connected with the site http://www.longurlplease.com/
Hi there!

Well, did my best to counter this one, quite a hassle... I could not find a good way to use this "user based authentication" in Twitter, so what I did was using the app based one.
For this you will need to create an "application" on Twitters to get the necessary keys you need to poll for tweets (and other things).

At this moment I cannot update the version in extend, whenever this is possible again, I will update that one, and ion the meantime you can find it on my personal site here: File

Can you please install this one, test it and let me known if it works?

Thanks,
Frank

(2013-06-27, 18:09:02)Draxeiro Wrote: @twodogwalker:
Any news on the rewrite of the plugin? It used to work brilliantly until twitter updates to 1.1 I guess. Would be nice to be able to start using it again soon.
http://getsimplecms.ru/gs/
Code:
Warning: Missing argument 1 for show_tweets(), called in /home/p30318/www/getsimplecms.ru/gs/admin/inc/theme_functions.php(582) : eval()'d code on line 12 and defined in /home/p30318/www/getsimplecms.ru/gs/plugins/LastTweet/lasttweet_functions.php on line 10

Notice: Undefined variable: overwrite_cache in /home/p30318/www/getsimplecms.ru/gs/plugins/LastTweet/lasttweet_functions.php on line 11
Hi Frank,
I'm testing your newest plugin version at http://getsimple.dare-is.nl/test/tweets/
I've put the output from your plugin and the Twitter widget on the same page.
I'm new in this but what is the benefit of putting your plugin (app based authentication from Twitter) i.s.o. the standard Twitter widget on a website?
oleg,

Sorry for replying this late, busy times...
Two questions when looking into the code:
a) what version of the plugin do you use, the latest?
b) how do you call the function? (e.g. line 582 in your theme_functions.php)

Frank

(2013-09-05, 07:10:33)Oleg06 Wrote: http://getsimplecms.ru/gs/
Code:
Warning: Missing argument 1 for show_tweets(), called in /home/p30318/www/getsimplecms.ru/gs/admin/inc/theme_functions.php(582) : eval()'d code on line 12 and defined in /home/p30318/www/getsimplecms.ru/gs/plugins/LastTweet/lasttweet_functions.php on line 10

Notice: Undefined variable: overwrite_cache in /home/p30318/www/getsimplecms.ru/gs/plugins/LastTweet/lasttweet_functions.php on line 11
Hoi Rene,

Good question! I guess you can say the widget is quick and easy to setp, whilst the plugin give you some more possibilities to style, and caching on the (your) server.

But, to be honest, I am really thinking of stopping the support on this plugin, as I think the method is way too complicated to be used in quick matter. And my php coding isn't advanced enough to solve this....

But, if you want, go ahead and try!

regards,
Frank

(2013-09-10, 23:14:29)Rene Wrote: Hi Frank,
I'm testing your newest plugin version at http://getsimple.dare-is.nl/test/tweets/
I'm new in this but what is the benefit of putting your plugin (app based authentication from Twitter) i.s.o. the standard Twitter widget on a website?
(2013-10-01, 04:19:43)twodogwalker Wrote: Hoi Rene,

Good question! I guess you can say the widget is quick and easy to setp, whilst the plugin give you some more possibilities to style, and caching on the (your) server.

But, to be honest, I am really thinking of stopping the support on this plugin, as I think the method is way too complicated to be used in quick matter. And my php coding isn't advanced enough to solve this....

But, if you want, go ahead and try!

regards,
Frank

(2013-09-10, 23:14:29)Rene Wrote: Hi Frank,

Hi Frank,
For clarity, your plugin works great. It was the many settings (I'm lazy too) in Twitter before you can use your plugin that people drop out. Especially when most of their then have to go styling.
I therefore can understand that you stop with your plugin.
Regards
error

Quote:Warning: Missing argument 1 for show_tweets(), called in /home/webadedi/public_html/admin/inc/theme_functions.php(552) : eval()'d code on line 4 and defined in /home/webadedi/public_html/plugins/LastTweet/lasttweet_functions.php on line 10

get-simple 3.3.1
lasttweet 1.2

/admin/inc/theme_functions.php(552)
Code:
eval("?>" . strip_decode($component->value) . "<?php ");

524-556 /admin/inc/theme_functions.php
Code:
/**
* Get Component
* This will return the component requested.
* Components are parsed for PHP within them.
* @since 1.0
* @uses GSDATAOTHERPATH
* @uses getXML
* @modified mvlcek 6/12/2011
* @param string $id This is the ID of the component you want to display
*                True will return value in XML format. False will return an array
* @return string
*/
function get_component($id) {
    global $components;
    if (!$components) {
         if (file_exists(GSDATAOTHERPATH.'components.xml')) {
            $data = getXML(GSDATAOTHERPATH.'components.xml');
            $components = $data->item;
        } else {
            $components = array();
        }
    }