Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to paste thumb nail to full image code
Hi - dumb newbie question here...

I like the auto thumbnail maker that works when image files are uploaded to my site and the auto-generation of the thumbnail to full image code.
Now I know I can cut & paste this code from the image tool into the CKE editor if I switch it to 'Source' mode but am I missing a trick?

Isn't there and easier way to achieve the same result - that is, a thumbnail in my page which links to a full sized image?

Many thanks!

David
In the CKeditor, you click on image button in toolbar. Then you click on browse. Then next to images listed, you see a thumbnail link. Click on that and you get the thumbnail of the image, with a link in it to the full size file.
Thanks for that but... what I get is JUST the thumbnail and with NO link to the full sized image.

For instance, the code pasted when I select the 'thumbnail' in 'Browse' is: http://www.lymden-lodge.com/imcuk/data/t...l.DRAC.png - so a clean link to JUST the thumbnail.

What am I missing pls?

Thanks!
Hmm strange, don't know how I came to that before..

What you can do is: After setting the thumbnail as in my earlier post, you can select the image thumb and click on the Link button. On the popup screen under Link type you click on pull-down and select Url. Now you see a browse button, click on that opens a window to select the image file.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2014-02-02, 06:33:55)datiswous Wrote: Hmm strange, don't know how I came to that before..

[deleted]

Indeed. Many thanks for that - it works just as you stated and is a great solution. I've just done a clean install of the latest version of GS 3.3.0 and it too does not allow one to select a thumbnail and AUTOMATICALLY add the link to the full size image, but again your suggestion works fine. [OOI, I too thought this HAD worked as you originally stated in the past... anyone??]

Finally, do you know what the rule for the autogeneration of thumbnails is as they seem to arrive maybe 15 mins after upload and, occasionally, not at all, even when the file is under 2Mb..?

TiA

David
(2014-02-03, 02:14:13)david.matthewson Wrote: [...]
Finally, do you know what the rule for the autogeneration of thumbnails is as they seem to arrive maybe 15 mins after upload and, occasionally, not at all, even when the file is under 2Mb..?
Discussion here
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=5449
And David, welcome to GS
Thanks Timbow - all makes perfect sense and much appreciated.