Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
gscmsh - A GetSimple CMS Shell interface
Lightbulb 
Hello everyone!

I just found out about GetSimple CMS yesterday and was pretty excited about the concept of a CMS for simple websites, that does not rely on database backends.

I used to build websites with drupal (which i will propably continue to do for larger scaled websites) where I got used to the workflow of a nice utility called "drush".
I was missing that workflow so much, that I started implementing a little shell script to mimic a subset of the functionality that drush offers for "GetSimple CMS".

Right now it is capable of downloading and installing plugins and themes + listing the installed themes/plugins.

Features that may be implemented in the future include:
-Updating of core files and plugins
-Quick backup script of some sort
-Any other maintenance operation that can comfortably done via the commandline

I hope that this may be useful to some of you and I will be happy about everyone who wants to contribute.

https://github.com/mank319/gscmsh

Yours mank319
I used to use drupal and drush, would love to enhance the api to incorporate something like this.
our api is barely an api or useful
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Added an automated installation routine for GetSimple CMS itself and the ability to remove Plugins/Themes.
If someone wants to join in then autocompletion would be the very next thing to do, I suppose.
(2014-02-05, 01:45:30)shawn_a Wrote: I used to use drupal and drush, would love to enhance the api to incorporate something like this.
our api is barely an api or useful

That would be great! Actually too much of an API is not necessary, because a lot can be done in the filesystem directly (due to the nature of the whole cms).
Though it would be nice to access certain features, like, e.g. the already implemented backup functionality.

One thing that bothers me more is the process of theme installation which is very hard to automate due to the inconsistent nature of the packaging of theme archives. Maybe one could try to find certain "conventions" for packaging themes.
Themes are pretty standard. They should be at least

Also not many people have she'll access with shared hosts, so an API gives web front end capability.
(2014-02-05, 10:11:29)shawn_a Wrote: Themes are pretty standard. They should be at least
Well i experienced like 3 scenarios:
  1. just all the files that belog in the themes folder stuffed into the archive
  2. same as above but within a subfolder in the archive
  3. special themes, which depend on plugins sometimes have them bundeled in the archive
(2014-02-05, 10:11:29)shawn_a Wrote: Also not many people have she'll access with shared hosts, so an API gives web front end capability.
Ok, I think now i understand, what you meant: Writing an API to incorporate the functions of gscmsh in a webinterface. E.g. One Click installment of plugins and such. That would be nice, and I would be proud, if my code was of any use for the actual project itself!
I was thinking in the other direction: Writing an API, to offer features to developers for external tools, like I am.

Btw. How can activation of plugins activation of plugins be done on a filesystem Level? And is there any way of accessing the "flush cache" function from outside the admin webinterface? Because both would be nice usecases for my script and I would love to implement them.
That is what I mean by API. If you want to activate plugins you need an api, or you need to write your own handler for our xml storage, which is nothing special.

edit plugins.xml to toggle the plugin

flush cache - delete all files from gsadmin/cache
Thank you :-)
I'm looking forward to implement that!
Updates availabe:

(2014-02-05, 23:20:32)shawn_a Wrote: edit plugins.xml to toggle the plugin
Done

(2014-02-05, 23:20:32)shawn_a Wrote: flush cache - delete all files from gsadmin/cache
To be honest, I have not found such a directory. I am not sure, what you mean by gsadmin.
The only cache folder I found is located under data. Is this the correct one?
Sorry i meant data/cache
Thanks for the quick reply!
Implemented it.
+ The output of the theme/plugin list has been made a little more readable.