Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cost of a Content managed and Responsive Site
Browsing this morning I came across a web company not too far from here whose main page proudly announces that they can create a fully content-managed site you can edit yourself which is also responsive, for viewing on any device and the basic cost is only £2000.

I nearly fell off my chair. God Bless Them!

http://www.cloudws.co.uk

I will put up my prices today and if anyone raises an eyebrow I will show them that link.
wow impressive stuff... always thought I didn't charge enough.. 8)
My Github Repos: Github
(2014-02-11, 23:23:39)Timbow Wrote: Browsing this morning I came across a web company not too far from here whose main page proudly announces that they can create a fully content-managed site you can edit yourself which is also responsive, for viewing on any device and the basic cost is only £2000.

I nearly fell off my chair. God Bless Them!

http://www.cloudws.co.uk

I will put up my prices today and if anyone raises an eyebrow I will show them that link.

Looking at their site and yours I'd say you have a totally different clientèle. Also a totally different cost-structure, style and approach. So a difference in price is understandable too.

Are they too expensive? I don't know, depends on many factors. Your customers would be shocked by their prices and vice versa, that's for sure Wink
(2014-02-12, 02:55:19)Draxeiro Wrote: Looking at their site and yours I'd say you have a totally different clientèle. Also a totally different cost-structure, style and approach. So a difference in price is understandable too.

Are they too expensive? I don't know, depends on many factors. Your customers would be shocked by their prices and vice versa, that's for sure Wink

You are so right. There is no such thing as 'too expensive'.
(2014-02-12, 04:24:54)Timbow Wrote:
(2014-02-12, 02:55:19)Draxeiro Wrote: Looking at their site and yours I'd say you have a totally different clientèle. Also a totally different cost-structure, style and approach. So a difference in price is understandable too.

You are so right. There is no such thing as 'too expensive'.

Interestingly enough there seems to a market for almost any price point. Not only with regards to websites but also for instance logo's and corporate identities.

Usually the price can be justified to a certain extent although scandalous examples can always be found. Case in point a recent logo change by the city of Amsterdam where the 'new' logo is 99% identical to the old one. And for a mere 100,000 euro's at that!