Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to write config file. CHMOD 777 the folders /data, /backups and
What do I need to do to make the GetSimple Setup work?
I uploaded GetSimple_2.01 ---6 March 2010 edition
I went to wear it is on my site
I clicked Continue with Setup button
I entered Website Name, Username, Email Address
I clicked Install Now button
I get this on screen:
[Image: Screenshot.jpg]
Well, the error message pretty much says it all.

The system will need to be able to create and edit files in the folders used to store data, to do this you will have to CHMOD them to 777. This can often be done with your FTP client, sometimes as easy as just right clicking the folders and selecting properties. You’re looking for something like privileges or just plain CHMOD. There will be a 3 digit number that needs changing to 777.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:Well, the error message pretty much says it all.

The system will need to be able to create and edit files in the folders used to store data, to do this you will have to CHMOD them to 777. This can often be done with your FTP client, sometimes as easy as just right clicking the folders and selecting properties. You’re looking for something like privileges or just plain CHMOD. There will be a 3 digit number that needs changing to 777.
Thank you. I have done what you said and I have got it working. thank you very much.
Hugo
Help me, please.
GetSimple_2.03
I set 777 for all files and folders.
I clicked Install ... I get: Unable to write config file. CHMOD 777 ...
same on screen.
If I install GetSimple on localhost Denwer - all good.
If transfer installed GetSimple on server (with modify http) - site not
open (white field),
admin panel open, enter with password - OK,
bat in panel NO modify anything - NO recording in files (page content).
Help me please!
(write please easier, my english is no much..)
hey,

I had the same problem as above. I changed the permission on the data and backup directories and their sub directories to 777, but the install still returned the same problem. I continued anyway and it seems to be installed fine. Will this cause problems later?

Also after the install should the 777 permissions be removed from those directories?

cheers Smile
continued - not loaded next step, white field, browser indicator loading... loading... long...
and abort process.
(no write xml files in folder data/other)

If I load xml files in folder data/ from installed on Denwer - with modify http in website.xml,
I open admin panel, login - OK, bat in panel NO modify anything - NO recording in files.
Browsers IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera - Unable to write config file...

Hosts rxfly.net and zxq.net - equally problems.
rxfly.net - I am insatall cms Kandidat (DB in txt also) - all write, guestbook, all OK.

What do I need to do to make the GetSimple work?....
I just created an account at Zymic.

Uploaded the getsimple files via ftp.

changed data and backup to 777 recursively.

Installed fine:
http://ffaat.zxq.net/

-Rob A>
http://grafit.zxq.net/ - not installed .... data and backup 777
one of many attempt - GS installed !
what cause?
strange occurrence...
p.s. my site on russian language

Спасибо за участие!
Zegnåt Wrote:Well, the error message pretty much says it all.

I did what you said: right click the folder, properties and I set "Octal mode representation" 0777. Under "remote" it already was 0777. I tried to do that for "local" too.

If I try to do that from the command line giving "chmod -R 777 data/" I get for all the files and folders something like: chmod: WARNING: can't change data//thumbs/thumbnail.1003897.jpg

??