Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Metrical
Uploaded to Extend
Demo Site

Simple clean responsive design with the ability to easily assemble custom Page Templates to make long and complex multi-column layouts.

Nice and simple.
This theme works great in Chrome & IE, but has problems in Firefox - the dividing rows under each block dissapear.

I did a quick hack to correct this:
add this below the .row definition in layout.css

@-moz-document url-prefix() {
.row {margin-bottom: 20px;}
}
Thanks olmy. I should have tested more thoroughly. I will look at it today

Later - I looked at it today finally. Don't know what was going on there. there is some strange css to make column backgrounds all full height. Added your fix. thank you.
(2014-02-21, 01:37:01)Timbow Wrote: Uploaded to Extend
Demo Site

Simple clean responsive design with the ability to easily assemble custom Page Templates to make long and complex multi-column layouts.

Hello,

I'm a newbee, just installed GetSimple and put in the theme. The theme is working, but I do not get the example pages in your picture. I noticed that the pages xml are the original. How do I get an working example?

Abbit
(2014-03-14, 01:41:53)W.abbit Wrote: I'm a newbee, just installed GetSimple and put in the theme. The theme is working, but I do not get the example pages in your picture. I noticed that the pages xml are the original. How do I get an working example?

Admin, Pages Tab, click on the page you want to edit, Page Options. There you will see Page Template with a drop-down to choose a template. There is the std page and sidebar, a homepage type template and a 'sampler' template, but the idea is you make your own in a text editor by just choosing each row in whatever order you want.
Uploaded v1.2
This version sorts out the mozilla issue and other vertical spacing problems by removing redundant <br class="clear"> elements.
Quote:Admin, Pages Tab, click on the page you want to edit, Page Options. There you will see Page Template with a drop-down to choose a template.

I overlooked the page template option.... Thanks.
I really like this theme and I'm trying to add a search function to the header besides the menu buttons. I've tested the i18n search plugin but i'm not really satisfied with the look. Do you have a better idea how to add this to the header without "destroying" the design?
I am sure you can style the i18n search box and button.

The aesthetic design of this theme is not mine, I copied it from the free gpl wordpress theme Tetris, here:
http://wpexplorer-demos.com/tetris/

They have a search box on one of those pages in a kind of sidebar. They also have social icons above the black header - so how about a search box there? Or in the footer?
Hello, I am trying to use the metrical theme which looks really good but I'd like three columns on every page and obviously different content on each page. Is this possible, if so how? Many thanks Guy
Hi Guy and welcome.

Not sure how far you have got. In that theme the page template homepage.php has some full width content then three columns. When you make a new page you go to Page Options then choose the page template you want.

If that doesn't suit your purposes then you need to make a new template. It's very easy to do with that theme. You just include the rows how you want them, or edit the homepage template and give it a new name. It's very obvious if you open the file.

If you have a lot of blocks of content and you want them all to be independently editable then you will need to decide how to do that and you will need to set up your templates accordingly. You can use components if you are happy to write content in html. You can insert a page within a page if you want to use the editor. You can use the Simple Input Tabs plugin. And there are other ways.

hth
Guy, I am thinking this plugin
Simple Input Tabs
Might be ideal for what you describe. It gives you tabs on your editor panel for different content blocks. Let us know how you get on, or if you need any help.
3.4 will have a tabbed editor, I'd love input on best way to make it pluggable to add hooks for tabs and stuff.
I'll create a specific issue for this, there are some mention of it already.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2014-08-02, 12:49:33)shawn_a Wrote: 3.4 will have a tabbed editor, I'd love input on best way to make it pluggable to add hooks for tabs and stuff.
I'll create a specific issue for this, there are some mention of it already.

Hi Shawn,

For me it would be ideal to use the theme and have say Home page, two column, three column and four column templates set up so I can choose what style for each individual page. Metrical works really well for this.
However, when you want to write content for the blocks (as components) you can't have two page with the same number of columns because the template needs 1of3, 2of3, 3of3 as component names to work.
So what I'd really like is to be able to create a page (say 'About Us') and choose the two column template and within that page add the two components unique to that two column page within the page editor. This way I can give the content ownership over to the user without too many worries about them getting confused.

I hope that makes sense?

Best wishes
Guy
Hey Guys,

I really like this theme and wanted to use it. Can you tell me, if it supports multi-level navigation? Smile

Thanks for your help!
Carina
Only single level navigation in the theme. You would have to install a plugin and add the right css to get multi-level.

The free GPL-licensed theme I used for the design:
http://www.wpexplorer.com/tetris-wordpress-theme/
It has a drop-down menu if you wanted to copy it.
Hey, I tried to make it work, but I didn't manage to do so... Sad
On mvlcek's site it only says I should install the i18n plugin and copy this into my template:

<?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),1,99); ?>

The link you sent... Is it possible to use a wordpress theme with Get Simple?
You need two things. First the plugin to generate the nested lists of links to pages. The std GetSimple menu is only simple navigation and the std template function only generates a simple series of <li> elements. Then you need the css to display the nested lists as you wish. You can't use a the wordpress theme but you might be able to copy the relevant parts of the css. It's allowed in the license for that theme.
Metrical.
An unusual theme name for an Englishman, Timbow Smile

BTW, thanks, a very nice theme indeed.
(2015-07-15, 06:03:10)Timbow Wrote: You need two things. First the plugin to generate the nested lists of links to pages. The std GetSimple menu is only simple navigation and the std template function only generates a simple series of <li> elements. Then you need the css to display the nested lists as you wish. You can't use a the wordpress theme but you might be able to copy the relevant parts of the css. It's allowed in the license for that theme.

Thanks. I think I finally managed to include i18n-Navigation and copied parts of the WP-theme. What I got now is what you see attached to this post. The submenu won't show when I hover with the mouse above the parent and instead of being underneath the parent, it is shown next to it, destroying the top-most-level of the navigation...  Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2015-07-21, 20:57:04)Carina Wrote: Thanks. I think I finally managed to include i18n-Navigation and copied parts of the WP-theme. What I got now is what you see attached to this post. The submenu won't show when I hover with the mouse above the parent and instead of being underneath the parent, it is shown next to it, destroying the top-most-level of the navigation...  Sad

It can be truly a headache that css for hovering and displaying drop-downs and fly-outs. Even harder to get it to work on all different sizes of screen. It would be good to have the css in the theme for drop-downs so if I had time to spare I would try to do it for you but I just can't right now.
The Demo site is not available