Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server resource usage
Hello!

I really like GetSimple CMS and have a question, what about server resource usage for high traffic sites?

Do you have some information? A site with ... 1k uniques a day will use a lot of server resources reading the XML database?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Marcos.
I actually never logged CPU usage. But I can imagine a server getting many simultaneous hits might have a peek when rendering the page menus. It’s mostly about the number of file calls, if you can keep those down the server shouldn’t have a lot of problems.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
get-simple.info gets a ton of hits a day and I never see any problems....
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I haven't monitored it, but take a look at ecommerce software, (X-Cart) can handle that amount with no problems. I used X-Cart as an example because I personally believe it has the WORST coding ever. To load the homepage, it requires about 40 files +60 calls to the database. Yikes.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
But to avoid this problem just use the right ecommerce source.

Ecommerce Consultant