Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change the folder Admin
Hi everyone

I have some problem with the server, my problem is basically that i need to change the name the folder admin, because the server has a configuration with admin folder to manager the website and i can't use the admin folder.

Any advice ?

Thanks in advance

Ron
Just rename and change lines 15 and 16 in index.php?
Code:
$admin_relative = 'admin/inc/';
$lang_relative = 'admin/';

Try that and report back, I’ve never tried renaming it to be fair.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
im not sure all hardcoded references in the code to /admin/ have been switched to the new defined constants though. In fact im sure there are plenty that havent.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
You’re right Chris, a google search through the trunk gives an idea of hard coded references. These will all need to be edited when you want to rename the admin folder. This does not mean it’s impossible though.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
in a future release would would like to theoretically edit all those to be the constant - then make a gsconfig option to name the admin folder whatever you want (for special cases like this)
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
This is a great option security Smile
Sorry for my little english :rolleyes:

Thx for GS