Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TinyMCE central europe character support
ATM tinymce is converting german,slovak&czech letter into "ö" and ascii numbers... not very SEO
if you turn off tinymce, does it still do it?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ö for the win! ööööö
So that's a yes?
------
I can't design for shit but I can code the shit out of your design
tinymce does that. you need to configure tinyMCE for this kind of support. it is possible.
The same problem occurs using Greek characters. Note that problem exists both at Body and Title. So characters like λ in source code are decoded as λ

I configured not to use the online editor (at admin/settings.php > "Enable the HTML editor" ) but the problem still exists.

Of cource if the source .xml file is edited afterwards with a desktop editor everything works perfect.
How exactly is this a problem? You are seeing the right signs on your pages when viewed with a browser right?

HTML entities are completely following the HTML spec. So unless you are running on your own DTD and have deleted them or have downgraded to HTML3 there should not be any problem with this right?

Of course it does beat the purpose of going an UTF encoding a little.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
because of a little bitch called SEO
someone Wrote:because of a little bitch called SEO
As I said before:
Zegnåt Wrote:HTML entities are completely following the HTML spec.
So this would mean search engines are broken…

Do you know of any articles that state entities should not be used? I am interested in reading about that.

All I’ve read about recently is that the whole term ‘SEO’ is bad Wink
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Hy

I have this problem too :S
and my webpage does't W3C standard, because he is full of ö characters.

Sorry my bad english.
I don't see the problem either: I agree with Zegnåt. My webiste (German) features lots of &ouml etc. Still it's just in the html-source. I haven't come round any search engine or recent browser which is not getting it right... So, what is the exact problem?
Hy

I solve my problem.
I edited source .xml file with a desktop editor everything works perfect.