Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
main menu and subpages
Hi to all,

yesterday I decided to try this CMS because it is easy to use Smile joomla and word press are not an option for several reasons.

Today I have c/p my original articles from my blog and as i can see they don't show on my site.

To introduce you with my problem :

I have site with main pages (menu) like on the link www.osimblog.net
under WINDOWS I have ten articles as a separated pages with mar subpage of that WINDOWS main page.

Why can't I see those pages? My ver of GetSimple is 2.01, and I have installed Zegnåt’s multi-level navigation plugin
My navigation plugin will need to be inserted into your theme. Just installing it doesn’t open up navigation to subpages. Also, the default GetSimple theme doesn’t support my plugin so you’ll probably need to make your own theme if you want anything like that to work.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
hmmm,

can I ask You which theme You suggest for me.

I have placed all my articles on site and before I generate sitemap I would like to connect all those pages Smile
I think abacus is the only free theme supporting subpages in the menu. Otherwise you’ll be stuck creating (or get some to) your own theme.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I don't want drop down menu..

[Image: osim.jpg]

I need something like that. The subpages goes on the main page body. So that on the end it comes like category Smile in joomla or wordpress :p
Well, that would be very possible but nobody has shared a script for that yet. You (or get someone else who) could code should create an extra template file that can build up a list of the subpages. Than you can just select that template file for your category pages and you’ll be all set.
Just an opinion...
This feature should be something native in getSimple Smile
@caviar - i think this should be a plugin. It should be easy to create, but I just dont have the time right now. I barely have time to browse these forums anymore... haha
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I would do it but I dont know how Sad

In last time I try many CMS and nothing is good for me. I'll be back on getsimple and I will found someone to make script for this Smile

I'll let You know when it's finish Wink
Hello, I'm Valdomiro. I'm from Brazil and, unfortunately, still not sure
English, sorry for that.

Well, I installed yesterday the GetSimples (version 2.01) and found it excellent. I had a problem I do not know if was already posted here in the forum: When I create a new menu entry, to stand with the home, using the Create New Page it creates a line, for example, "localhost/GetSimples/?id=new", but this line is not recorded in the "Slug/URL". The characters "?" and "=" disappear and just the "new", so even the entry being created top menu, but when I click on it does not access the page created, because the permalink is "localhost/GetSimples/new" when it should point to "localhost/GetSimples/?id=new".

Does anyone know how can I fix this?

Thank you!
Valdomiro
Valdomiro Wrote:Does anyone know how can I fix this?
GetSimple uses http://localhost/GetSimple/new when you have Fancy URLs enabled. If you disable it in the admin section it will start using the http://localhost/GetSimple/?id=new version. The one without ?id= is often said to be the best for search engines, but you will need to have mod_rewrite installed on your server to use it.
Zegnåt Wrote:
Valdomiro Wrote:Does anyone know how can I fix this?
GetSimple uses http://localhost/GetSimple/new when you have Fancy URLs enabled. If you disable it in the admin section it will start using the http://localhost/GetSimple/?id=new version. The one without ?id= is often said to be the best for search engines, but you will need to have mod_rewrite installed on your server to use it.

Understand!

Thank you very much Zegnåt!