Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So lost...
I don't know why this is so difficult. I've heard great things but can't seem to figure anything out.

I have a site already made. I want to be able to have my getsimple site look like the one I have but can't figure out anything. Where do I input my css files? JS files? image folder...just everything.

Is this just not the right program to use if you do your own coding? I want to use this so that I can have the site be user friendly for people who don't know how to code. So far this seems much harder than just making a whole site from scratch but it's probably just that I'm clueless.

If there is a chat section for this site that I'm not seeing or another place where people will help you live? I could really use some live help for all my ridiculous questions. Any advice would be appreciated.
Did you look at the documentation written about making a theme? Most of us find GetSimple very easy to use with standard coded websites, I bet you will figure out how to use it too.

A good reference is the standard theme. It uses almost all different template tags. Those are the only thing you need to know besides standard HTML, as they are where GetSimple will output its content.

estrellajmb Wrote:If there is a chat section for this site that I'm not seeing or another place where people will help you live?
Nope, no chat section, though I’ve been thinking about opening an IRC channel for a while now. Your best bet is to ask for help right here. (Of course most of us work freelance and you could hire us, but using the forum is so much cheaper.)
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thank you for your reply.

After reading through more of the documentation it started to come together a little more.

I know if you had an IRC channel I would use it quite a bit....clearly I'm impatient when trying to figure things out so that's always my first choice for asking questions!

I'll keep reading up on this and trying out different things! Hopefully it will be a while before you hear from me again Wink